• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:34:29 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Zero Collection

Started by UHMEEEEBA, January 15, 2010, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjel

K.O.D

UHMEEEEBA

Hope it has some sort of extras that warrants a repurchase personally, I doubt we'll ever get anything like Wily Tower again but something would be nice.

Also hoping they actually put effort into porting the music, when they did it for OSS it actually sounded worse because of the way the DS emulates the GBA soundware. If you don't believe me here's a comparison:

Fusion

Well, the site's music seems to imply that the music is a bit clearer.  Either that or they just ran the GBA music without filtering it.

UHMEEEEBA

That really doesn't mean anything, hell the website for Zero 3 had an arranged version one of the themes in the game.

UHMEEEEBA

A new feature announced at World Hobby Fair, it's called "Collection Mode" and is probably an Artwork Gallery or something.

I suppose it's possible they put in bios for Zero 1 and 2 as that concept didn't come around until Zero 3 but it seems a bit unlikely.

Jesuszilla

x2, except Zero3, and I never finished because IT'S TOO FUCKIN' HARD

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

January 18, 2010, 12:30:04 AM #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:31:55 AM by UHMEEEEBA

Zero 3 is not that hard if you know what you're doing.

Invincible dash doesn't hurt but the game outright gives you that for beating the eel boss, so yeah.

Now Zero 1, that game would kick your ass if you looked at it the wrong way.

Jesuszilla

Zero3, I couldn't fucking get past that fucking water boss. I ragequit.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

January 18, 2010, 12:37:46 AM #10 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:45:50 AM by UHMEEEEBA
It helps if you hit the switches earlier in the stage it makes his attack pattern a joke.

Also another thing I forgot about the first game, the only way to get Sub-tanks was to use certain Cyber Elves, so it was a bit of a bitch.

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah the first Zero game is actually pretty sub-par, the other three are passable though.

UHMEEEEBA

Japanese trailer with english annotations. Collection Mode is indeed an art gallery.

The game apparently might be adding in extras from Zero 3 that where unlocked by the infamous e-card reader.

Which reminds me Zero 3 also had a pointless extra that resulted from linking the game up to Battle Network 4, whether or not they use that is up in the air.

UHMEEEEBA

Exactly why I never upgraded from the original model DS.

Fusion

...Eh, that border around the gameplay screens doesn't bode well for anything improved.  I was hoping that they'd try to make use of the screen space.  But all I guess we can count on is that the games won't be changed period because of some BS like it'd take too much effort, though that never stopped Capcom from pseudo-upgrading the Ace Attorney games from GBA to DS with at least slightly better graphics.