• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 08:56:11 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Mega Man 10

Started by UHMEEEEBA, December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

lol calling mega man rockman

what a weeabo

UHMEEEEBA

Isn't it spelled with two o's?

I remember reading something back before Mega Man 9 was released was that the decision to axe the charge shot was in part due to them wanting to make special weapons seem better.

Which kind of is a valid concern I guess as some of the games special weapons where pretty much only useful on bosses... like 6's which barring Silver Tomahawk most of the weapons well sucked.

That aside I think it should at least be an unlockable option personally, Powered Up got it right after all.
'
So with better quality scans here's a bit more on the bosses:

Commando Man has Guts Man's and Concrete Man's earthquake jump... for some reason... he really doesn't look THAT bulky to me. He also has homing attacks, which is probably the weapon you get from killing him.

Sheep Man can split himself into four duplicates (really? what?) that hover and attack where you can't reach them... you know flying sheep... this seems familiar some how... I'd take it he's weak to the weapon you get from Commando Man then. His weapon is Thunder Wool which flies up at an angle.

Jango

Sgt Squirrel

Quote from: Tyrannosaurus Reich on December 11, 2009, 11:17:24 PM
lol calling mega man rockman

what a weeaboo
fixed your typo and agreed

UHMEEEEBA

December 15, 2009, 08:42:19 PM #19 Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:51:16 PM by UHMEEEEBA
So Famitsu's out with some new info and screenshots... but it hasn't been fully scanned or translated entirely yet. That link though says it'll have more info as it develops.

But what they have revealed is the game will be for all three consoles, no real surprise there and that the games japanese subtitle is "Threat from outer space!". Maybe this will end up being a tie in to Mega Man V (the Gameboy one) as Sunstar was created by some ancient space civilization or some crap. I really doubt that though because it's a really minor thing to follow up on.

Expect a bit more information from this one in a few days I guess.

Jesuszilla

Perhaps someone from the same place as Duo?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

A bit of a small update with the text in the screens from that scan translated.

Proto Man's mode does not need to be unlocked, it's available from the start.

So Wily is on their side, because he didn't do the same exact thing in 3 or to an extent 9. Yeah Capcom just make Wily the villain from the start it goes better. Only thing to really note in the Wily screen is the blue thing in the background is the infamous Wily UFO which apparently has broken down.

There is apparently a castle stage too, which means that either Sheep Man or Commando Man is the boss of one of the other stages as that's nine stages so yeah. The only one that really even begins to make sense is having Commando Man the boss of the desert... which would be in exceptionally poor taste.

Also has a screen of the mid boss of the sports level a sentient soccer goal, no really.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

She made it through Super Adventure Rockman just fine.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

December 17, 2009, 12:36:03 AM #25 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:55:13 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Triple post for some information from a Inafune question event.

Sheep Man is the boss of the computer stage. Said stage has a lightbulb miniboss and has color based platforming puzzles among other things.

Commando Man is the boss of the desert stage.

You can now switch weapons without pausing.

Easy Mode adds extra platforms throughout the game notably over spiked areas.

W Tanks return.

Apparently the flashed outlines of the bosses but it went too fast for anyone to notice anything besides the fact one has a sword.

Shield Attackers have a new design and are blue, while not much of a big deal they've always been red before.

Some Sheep Man stage footage, the guy fails then tries on easy and well...

And Proto Man in Commando Man's stage. It blatantly reuses the sand from Mega Man 4's Pharaoh Man's stage.

So with this new information a boss count:

Sheep Man in the computer stage.
Commando Man in the desert stage.
The boss of the ice stage.
The boss of the fire stage.
The boss of the sewer stage.
The boss of the castle stage.
The boss of the stadium stage.
?

Unrelated to MM 10:

He still wants to make Legends 3.

He says he's too busy to make a new X series game and that before he makes a return to that he wants to do something completely crazy with the Mega Man franchise first, then if he has the time he might consider an X9.

When asked about making a faux retro 16 bit game he said he likes keeping it 8 bit because it lets him do things he could never do back for the old 8 bit games.

He thinks makes a high graphics X game would be nice but he would feel like he doesn't want to rip off other peoples art styles.

He says there is a very strong possibility of seeing a Powered Up 2 someday.

Jesuszilla

YES. Although I'd rather have MHX2, but Powered Up is still OK!

UHMEEEEBA

December 17, 2009, 01:33:50 AM #27 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 11:17:05 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Then we might actually learn about the Green Biker Dude, and that would be wrong.

Japanese website just went live, no like literally at the time I'm writing this it. It has a trailer shown at the event with the boss outlines.

There is a night city stage, perhaps Fake Man got promoted to full boss?

Boss of one of the sports stage appears to look VERY similar to Air Man. From the looks of it he's probably a football player.

Boss of one of the stages with a car, doesn't really look like anything. Countdown bombs are present in his stage but they where in Blizzard Man's too back in 6. He's the boss of the stage that hasn't been announced yet.

Boss of the fire stage doesn't look like much of anything

Boss of the sewer stage looks like he has a mohawk or something.

Boss of the ice stage has a pointed head, Icicle Man? That'd be sort of lame seeing how we already had Ice Man...

The aforementioned sword using boss has a blade on his head too, maybe some one on the dev team heard of the horrible PC Mega Man 3 and decided to redesign Blade Man. Furthermore he appears to be the boss of the castle stage.

A midboss that is two birds that have Heat Man's old fire dash.

Shows off Easy Mode at the end.

UHMEEEEBA

December 17, 2009, 03:31:46 PM #28 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:36:58 PM by UHMEEEEBA
ERROR 404 POST NOT FOUND

English site went live.

Unlike the Japanese one it has music, and the track changes every now and then.

Confirms the final stage is a Highway one.

UHMEEEEBA

Some footage of the stadium stage from a Capcom game in Normal and then easy mode. Still no name for the robot master of it. The stage has a soccer mid-boss, baseball enemies and a tennis ball dispenser it's not sticking to one sport.