• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:24:17 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Mega Man 10

Started by UHMEEEEBA, December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:21:59 PM by UHMEEEEBA
All things considered this should not be surprising given how well Mega Man 9 did. It was announced in Nintendo Power. It like Mega Man 9 will be in a retro faux 8 bit style. This announcement DID come out of nowhere and was a pleasant surprise when I got back as I've been out most of this evening.

And while I cannot speak for people here I'd rather have this then say Battle Network 2 getting ported to the DS with one new scenario. Also it ends all the stupid Mega Man X = Mega Man 10 theories. It's worth pointing out the thread on Rockman PM got more replies in the time it's been announced than OSS ever did so I'm not alone in this.

Picture here. Like Mega Man 9 they created a horrible "cover image" on purpose.

Anyways Mega Man is out to get a cure for a virus that causes robots to overheat and go crazy. Before you start saying OMG X SERIES TIE IN, I'd like to point out how many people thought nine would do the same thing.

Proto Man is playable FROM THE START and a third character will be as well. Given how much bitching there was about his lack of appearance in nine this is likely Bass/Forte. Hopefully they'll actually play differently.

Only one robot master seems announced at this time, Sheep Man which is pretty lame looking. Sheep Man is an electric boss for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has ever worn a wool coat on a dry day and took it off too quickly. He's not the best design but it's new at least which is a step in the right direction from nine's OH HEY THIS ISN'T GUTSMAN AND NEEDLEMAN, WE SWEAR.

One stage has a computer theme with evil mouse cursors that draw boxes on you no I am not making this shit up.

There will be an ice stage.

It's a fairly safe bet at least one more Robot Master will be female, as they originally wanted to make Hornet Man a woman but didn't because they thought people would hate Splash Woman enough as is. Well given that people for the most part didn't hate her I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than one this time around.

UHMEEEEBA

No more retarded than Wily wearing a cape calling himself Mr. X and hosting a robot tournament.

UHMEEEEBA

Oh apparently the game has an Easy Mode for people who had problems with Mega Man 9.

Jesuszilla

LOL

Rockman 9 was easy as hell as-is... Rage-inducing, but easy.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

It'll probably be like the Easy Mode they put back in the Anniversary Collection back for the Gamecube/PS2/XBOX combined with what they did for the ZX series (given that this is likely still being done by the same group) that is to say it will half the damage done by anything, possibly give free Beat Whistles and make spikes/lava/Instant Kill Beams/etc. simply deal a large quantity of damage instead of instant kills.

On a completely unrelated note, apparently the new lava stage is vertical, probably like Elec Man's but with lava, oh joy.

So to keep track we have:
An Ice Boss
A Fire/Lava/etc. Boss
An Electric Boss (Sheep Man, in fairness this actually kinda makes sense unlike Clown Man)
Some sort of computer themed Boss

I'm a bit surprised they didn't give all the boss names as they did with Mega Man 9's press release.

Jesuszilla

I don't even think anything's been done other than the fact they found a single sketch in Inafune's office and immediately announced a new game.

UHMEEEEBA

They wouldn't announce it if all they had was a sketch.

That and the guy has about as much to do with making Mega Man games as Miyamoto does with Mario games, which is to say not as much as he used to.

Heck I don't think he designed most of the Mega Man 9 bosses so Sheep Man's probably not even something he made.

Sgt Squirrel

Same rant, different sequel.

UHMEEEEBA

December 10, 2009, 09:13:04 AM #8 Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:15:13 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Some more information, it's marked as a rumor so don't take it as true just yet.

It will have no relation to Mega Man X.
Bass will be DLC and will play like he did in Mega Man & Bass.
Some sort of 2 player mode.

K.O.D

what the fuck is up with companies announcing DLC even before the game is released (and in this case, before there's even solid information about the game itself!)

motherfuckers getting greedy.

UHMEEEEBA

Well yeah it is a bit of a dick move on their part.

Jesuszilla

UGH. Please tell me he at least has some significance to the story.

Jango

Bass kills all the people that aren't white or old or Capcom cameos.

Seriously, most likely it'll just be Bass trying to prove that he's strong to Wily, like he did in the Power Battles.

UHMEEEEBA

December 11, 2009, 10:18:09 PM #13 Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:36:26 PM by UHMEEEEBA
So the other half of the Nintendo Power finally got scanned and there was some info in it we didn't know yet.

Well we haven't had an explosive based one since eight unless you count Pirate Man I guess.

There will be a desert stage with sandstorms that obscure vision and blow you around.

... a sports themed stadium stage with a soccer goalie as a mid boss... oh god please don't go all backwards battle network on us and make a classic version of Grid Man.EXE he was LAME.

A sewer stage.

Hard Mode is now a feature instead of DLC. And yes there will be an easy mode.

Will release in March.

No sliding or charge shots as Mega Man, Proto Man can use both however but given how he played in nine... well yeah...

Challenges return.

As does the shop.

No female Robot Master as all the bosses this time around where designed by the dev team and not Inafune (who designed Splash Woman)... and apparently they wanted a sausage fest. Guess we'll have to wait until Mega Man 18 until we get the next one at this rate.

Know we know and knowing is half the battle.

SO,

Sheep Man
Commando Man
Ice Boss
Fire Boss
Sewer Boss
Desert Boss
Computer Boss
Stadium Themed Boss

Unless the bosses are pretty weird like Sheep Man this is looking to be the most cliched group of Mega Man bosses ever.

Edit: On Hard Mode Commando Man should totally be able to do Captain Commando's supers just for shits and giggles, it'd be awesome.

Jesuszilla

December 11, 2009, 10:46:58 PM #14 Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:50:18 PM by Jesuszilla
I think Gas Man would be fun. You use a fire or electric weapon and nobody survives.

I wonder if Forte will have dash, though.

No charge shot for Rock again? Y'know, maybe I can see where they're going with this. X could charge any weapon. Perhaps they're not just trying to differentiate Rock and Blues, but so X at least looks like he has better features.