• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:49 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Mega Man 10

Started by UHMEEEEBA, March 08, 2010, 11:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Intro: Now that I've had enough time to play through the game a couple more times and try out hard mode it's about time I give my full impressions of the game as is without the DLC.

Gameplay: It's honestly a bit disappointing that Capcom is still so obsessed with making it like Mega Man 2, sure Mega Man 2 was a great game but at least bring back the slide Capcom you're limiting what you can do with bosses without it!

After some more messing around with the weapon set, it's fairly solid but Thunder Wool and Commando Bomb don't get enough uses to be useful, not to mention both are pretty situational. Chill Spike is a bit more useful than I initially thought, you can use to freeze just about any enemy, notably the buses in Nitro Man's stage (which in turn can cause two buses to collide into each other). Rebound Striker is just to energy consuming to be of any real use, which is a bit sad as it sounded to be one of the better weapons. Wheel Chaser at first seems like a pointless weaker Search Snake, and then you realize you can climb walls with it and it's awesome. The other weapons are fairly solid, with the note that Water Shield instead behaves like a poor man's Junk Shield and not the overly broken one from Mega Man 9.

I still stand by my observation that the games stages are a bit more gimmicky than the ones in nine. For the most part these don't hamper the game large enough for me to harp on it though.

Proto Man's mode is actually a bit better than it was in nine, he takes far less knock back than he used to and he also can block more things with his shield, to the point where it's actually a useful feature where it was more or less a joke in nine. A good challenge for people who want a bit of a more difficult game but don't want to deal with what Hard Mode chucks at them.

The shop system has been greatly improved since nine with the increased drop rate of currency. Having said that the shop items are still a little bland, it's nice to have W Tanks back (I honestly think Capcom GAVE the weapons crap energy rates just so people would find them useful, not the right way to go about it guys). The downside of this as was in nine is that Energy Tanks found in stages are fairly scarce. It's even more notable in Hard Mode where you can only find two in all eight of the Robot Master stages.

Time attack returns but it now counts time during your play through... which is because Capcom added a replay feature so I guess they had no choice. I'm still a bit disappointed they didn't make a separate set of rankings for Proto Man. As in the previous game there will be a special stage for Time Attack, but this time Capcom's upped the ante with three of them.

Capcom has changed the Challenges mode to have only 12 of the "Achievement" like challenges nine did, and instead have a bit over eighty gameplay challenges. These are a bit better but they're also a bit too basic, if you can play through pretty much any of the NES styled Mega Man games, you can do all the platforming ones with no problem. Further some of the later challenges just reuse levels from the earlier challenges but swap the enemies around. The rest are either use your weapons to shoot targets, or fight bosses on certain difficulties. The latter I will give Capcom a point for in having a way to fight any boss whenever you want... except for the three DLC guys.

In conclusion there's a bit more features in ten than nine, but I feel the weapon set holds ten down, while it's not as bad as five or six's weapon sets, it's pretty bland compared to how good the set was in nine. I will say the Thunder Wool is probably the most useless weapon in the series since Quint's pogo-stick. In ten's defense, the challenges while not a perfect feature are nice to have, and unlike in nine you don't have to pay cash for a hard mode.

This is pretty close but I feel for everything ten added there was something a bit of a letdown too, so I'm going to give it the same score I gave nine.
17 out 20

Music: The music isn't bad, it's not as memorable as the music in nine though, and some of the pitches are a bit too high for my taste but it gets the job done. The Wily stages as expected are still good.

Strangely enough the DLC music (which has been hacked using ancient dark magic) is much better than most of the tracks in the game proper, funny.
14 out 15

Translation: The mysterious nameless individual who reviewed Banjo Tooie is right, this section is pointless.
10 out of 10

Length: Well on one hand the game has more Wily stage and two more DLC stages than nine. While it's technically longer than nine, it's still a bit of a downer to see them sticking to the Mega Man 2 formula so strictly.
14 out of 15

Rehash Factor: Here's an interesting case, Mega Man 10 is literally made from Mega Man 9. No really, sprite hackers hacked into the game and found cutscenes from Mega Man 9 in the game. While it's really not that big of a deal for Capcom to reuse the engine, it's pretty sloppy on their part to have not even bothered to delete the old stuff. That'd be like opening Mega Man 4 and finding Shadow Man in there.

That aside basically anything said about nine applies here, with the exception of the music from Mega Man 2 not being reused so blatantly. That aside the game has a few more rehashing bits though, this will spoiler everything in the regular game, not taking the DLC into account just yet.

In the first Wily stage you fight three machines that each copy three Robot Master battles from earlier in the series, I'm actually not going to count this against Capcom as the idea itself is new, sure there was Doc Robot in Mega Man 3 but this is a much differently done.

Block Devil, really Capcom? Sure the idea is different but you could have save it for later, nine had a devil boss too, don't overuse them k?

Wily Capsule Mk Eleventy Billion, I'll give you points for mixing it up with the clone though, first time you've done so since like Mega Man IV on the Game Boy.

6.5 out of 15

Only lost that .5 of a point over the second entry in that last.

Plot: Capcom basically decided to troll their fans, while that's funny it doesn't make for a good plot. At least Wily didn't throw on a wig and pretend to be Mr. X again.
1 out of 10

Difficulty: If one was to level a complaint against Inti Creates, it would be that they don't know how to make a good Hard Mode, and most of the time interpret "Hard" as "Limit the player as much as possible", take any of the Zero games or the two ZX ones as examples of that.

Mega Man 10 finally ends this combo by having a Hard Mode that, despite screwing with the currency drop rate, is more about making the enemies tougher. The bosses even get new attacks and attack patterns. It's much better done than there past attempts and I praise them for it. My only real complaint is the currency drop thing but by this point you should have enough of a handle of the game to not need to rely on Energy Tanks so much.

Having said that Normal Mode is about as challenging as Mega Man 9, and the bosses are a bit more challenging. The stage designs are a bit less obnoxious than nines with the possible exception of Commando Man's sandstorms... which you'll eventually get used to anyways.

Easy Mode is flat out insulting, don't play it. Even if you think you need to have all the challenges it's not worth it. Don't even let your friends who don't play Mega Man play it, they may become insulted.
15 out of 15

Total: 77.5/100 = 77.5 %

Conclusion: Mega Man 10 is by no means bad, I'd still rank it fairly high in the series.

Positive: What happens after you beat Wily Machine X.

Negative: Weapons set is still a bit of a letdown.

UHMEEEEBA

April 05, 2010, 07:43:43 PM #1 Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:35:31 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Intro: And so the first set of Mega Man 10 DLC is out, as I did with Mega Man 9 I shall go each a bit and tell if you they're really worth your time or not. First up is the first of three Special Stages this one featuring Enker from the Game Boy game Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (he also makes appearances in a few side games and Mega Man V for the Game Boy). So now that he's back you might want to consider kicking his emo racist ass.

Gameplay:
Like Mega Man 9's special stage you play this in Time Attack and as such is subject to all of Time Attacks rules. Most notably you only get one shot at the stage each run, if you die that's it, too bad! If you need some memory jogging Mega Man 9's special stage was basically a glorified Mid-boss rush throwing pretty much all the Mid-bosses in the game with a few brief platforming segments in between. In retrospect it wasn't that good really, had nice music though.

Enker's Stage is a more traditional stage, it doesn't have any mid-bosses but instead is based primarily on the platforming. It even has vanish blocks, conveyer belts, and those fire maker things from Solar Man's stage in addition to just having enemies. However... there's a bit something you should know I will discuss in a later part of this assessment.

Unlike in Mega Man 9 when you beat this stage you get Enker's weapon the Mirror Buster which can negate enemy projectiles and then launch a counter attack and only uses up energy when it has done so. Only Mega Man can use it, but he can do in ANY mode he is playable in (given how broken Bass is, it seems fair only Mega Man can get it) and on ANY save file even ones you've already started. It's sort of a poor man's Jewel Satellite.

In Wily's Revenge they sort of shoved Mirror Buster down your throat in the last stage with Sniper Joes everywhere and you had to use it on the final boss (which is actually a pattern with the Game Boy games the "exclusive" weapon is always Wily's weakness). Here it's not as useful it seems but it's still a good thing to have I guess (I imagine it and the other two weapons will get some use in the games Endless Attack) and makes the purchase much better than Mega Man 9's Special Stage. Strike Man is actually even slightly weak to it. On a side note while I have not tested it fully Mirror Buster seems a bit lax with the definition of "projectile". For instance, those cannons that shoot exploding balls in Blade Man's stage? Yeah those balls and the explosion count as a projectile.

17 out of 20, mainly for being such an improvement on Mega Man9's special stage.

Music:
The stages music is a remix of the first Wily stage in Wily's Revenge, and it is awesome.
15 out of 15

Translation:
BLUH BLUH BLUH
0 out of 0

Rehash Factor:
And this is what I was hinting at in the Gameplay section, this stage for the most part is a copy paste job of the first Wily stage from Wily's Revenge minus the first mole section, any section involving Elec Man's electric blocks, and any section with enemies that there are not a good counterpart for in MM10.

While this isn't bad necessarily and they changed a few things to make the stage a bit less cheesy, it does feel a bit lazy and I hope the latter Special Stages mix things up a bit. ESPECIALLY Punk's stage as the stages in Mega Man III border on the outright sadistic at times.

There are a few new segments here and there but even those seem to be inspired by Wily's Revenge, notably a vanish block section that is a very truncated version of one from the last Wily stage in Wily's Revenge. Incidentally the stages tileset is combined from the tiles of both Wily Stages from Wily's Revenge... which means Enker is simultaneously in space and on the ground, damn that's hardcore.

I'll give them credit for adapting Enker to the fact he has a larger screen now and working that into his pattern instead of copy pasting him though, and there are SOME new segments I guess. However I still have to call it like I see it, even though this is a rare example of it not bothering me THAT much.
0 out of 15

Length:
It's about a 2 to 4 minute stage (really anything above 5 means you took your damn sweet time) much shorter than the one in Mega Man 9 but that was because most of that stage was fighting mid-bosses. Despite being more or less a glorified remake of the first stage from Wily's Revenge it is much shorter, mainly due to the fact the four Mega Man 2 bosses from Wily's Revenge aren't in this stage. That aside it still only one stage but for a buck and this time you do get a weapon out of the deal...

Having said that I bought Wily's Revenge used several years ago for five bucks. So I spent 20 % of what I originally payed for to replay a stage I already more or less had bought over a decade ago.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
8 out of 15

Plot:
ENKER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER DYING TWICE, NOT COUNTING THAT TIME HE PLAYED MONOPOLY OR SOCCER.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STOP ZOMBIE GOAST ENKER?

I do suppose I should actually give you a bit of info on Wily's Revenge plot seeing as that is where Enker came from. Well get this Wily tried to get revenge, SHOCKING I KNOW.
0 out of 0

Difficulty: If you've played Wily's Revenge, this stage will be an outright joke to you as you know most of what is going to happen (I actually would have liked for them to get all RKS on the player and fuck with what they expected with horrible consequences but oh well). If you haven't, well the stage still isn't that hard. The one vanish block segment can be passed with Rush Jet and there are only a few other spots where it would be useful so you might as well skip it. There are some spike drop segments you'll have to guess at though and you might have to redo, although they made the second one much easier but putting countdown bombs in it.

Enker on the other hand has gotten some buffs from both of his Game Boy game appearances, for starters he now has more health than he did either of those games (in the Game Boy games bosses typically have 19 health, in the console games they generally have 28 as Enker does now). On top of that he's a bit quicker and can now stop his running/jumping patterns in the middle of the room which makes his already randomized pattern even a bit more random. Enker now fires pretty much instantly after getting a full charge instead of delaying a second like in the Game Boy games. Likewise if you don't start shooting him right away he'll just say fuck it and shoot an uncharged shot at you anyways. Enker honestly killed me the first time I tried partly due to me being stunned at how much they changed him up.

As always, Enker has no weakness in fact hitting him with anything not named Mega Buster will do no damage. While this is the way Enker has always been it's actually caused a few people to complain about it being cheap, which I find funny. Hell Enker not having a weakness is part of his rap name, with the absorbing the Mega Busters attack and all.

Much more satisfying than Mega Man 9's just for having a fun boss who while challenging isn't challenging for the wrong reasons. The stage however is a cakewalk once you know what to expect.
15 out of 15

Total: 55/80 = 68 & three quarters %

It's not bad and certainly a step up from Mega Man 9's and if you've never played Wily's Revenge you might want to give it a shot. If you have, unless you really want Mirror Buster or a nostalgasm you could probably skip this one.

Positive: It so happens the parts they did leave out, the Elec Block sections mainly were originally the worst parts of the stage, go figure.

Negative: I REALLY hope this is not a precedent for Punk's stage reusing segments from Mega Man III. *twitch*

UHMEEEEBA

Intro:
As with Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10 has a DLC character Bass who is based on his appearance from Mega Man & Bass. Proto Man in Mega Man 9 was so horribly balanced with all the limitations he had against him... well the designers apparently heard that and decided to swing the pendulum the other way for this games DLC character as Bass is horribly broken.

Gameplay:
First and foremost Bass has rapid fire and can aim in seven directions, he can also dash but he has these "limitations":

-His shots do not go through walls.
-His shots are weaker than Mega Man & Proto Man (only really comes into play against bosses as the firing rate is high enough that it's not going to be an issue most of the time)
-Cannot move while walking.
-Bass lost his double jump from Mega Man & Bass.

This is even what Capcom answered as Bass's limitations in the press release... there is a bit of a problem with that though, if you use Treble Boost and simple not walk to Treble you end up getting Mega Man's default buster attack like how Proto Man could do that with the Proto Coil.

So to reiterate there really isn't any negative aspect of playing as Bass if you can just break the system to use the same attack as Mega Man anyways! That aside Bass (and Proto Man) cannot use DLC weapons and like Proto Man Bass has a limited shop with some inflated prices compared to Mega Man.

However really having a limited shop just doesn't cut it when they stacked on SO much crap on Proto Man and Bass doesn't get any of that.

So horrible lack of balance aside, Bass can do an X series like dash but it has the same command as sliding, why Capcom didn't put in the double tap dash is beyond me but it's not like you really need anyways.

Bass has no Coil or Jet but instead can fuse with Treble to fly around the screen where you want. Interestingly the fact that he doesn't have a "Coil" and instead has to use his "Jet" where Mega Man and Proto Man would use their coil actually is more of a limitation to him than anything Capcom claimed they added, go figure.

That aside the basic game is the same.
17 out of 20

Music:
Unchanged
14 out of 15

Translation:
There are only a few bits of text in his game and they are all fine.
10 out of 10

Length:
Unchanged.
14 out of 15

Rehash Factor:
I'm sorry but those badly edited Mega Man sprites just ain't gonna fly.
6 out of 15

Plot:
Capcom claimed this time around the DLC character would have a plot well...

[spoiler]Bass has no intro story of any kind and has a grand total of three scenes in the game, one being the Wily taking over the world one, one where he gets a cure from Treble and the final being the end where he basically says K BAI WILY and then it follows into Mega Man's ending with Wily in the hospital.

So at no point is anything explained besides Bass mentioning he wants to wreck Wily's shit in the second scene I mentioned above. Which honestly makes me believe Capcom is deliberately trolling the fanbase by pointing out that's pretty much Bass's only motivation any more.

0 out of 10[/spoiler]

Difficulty:
Easy Mode was insultingly easy, Bass mode isn't much better. Hell if you play Bass on Easy they should just put up a screen calling you a wimp or something. Maybe put some rabbits in it.

Really though, even if you didn't take advantage of the exploit with Treble Boost this is still easier, sure Bass no longer has a double jump and you have to jump forward while shooting to shoot while moving but you'll be throwing out so much projectiles something will end up sticking and killing what you're aiming at eventually.

As I mentioned before not having both a Coil and a Jet hurts your energy consumption a bit... but W Tanks exist for a reason you know?

If you've played with Bass in Mega Man & Bass the fact that he actually plays a bit differently here might make it a bit more difficult for you, but you'll get used to eventually.

If you've already played through Mega Man 10 and are planning on getting Bass do yourself a favor and use him on Hard Mode first.
10 out of 15

Total: 71/100 = 71 %

Positive: Despite my railing on how badly balanced Bass is (and believe me he IS badly balanced) the mode is still fun to play around with. It also seems like a bit of a spit in the face that the Charge Shot character is the weakest one but hey people fawn over Mega Man 2 and 3 too much so that was sort of doomed to happen I guess.

Negative: Those sprites, seriously what where they thinking?

UHMEEEEBA

Intro: And so the second set of Mega Man 10 DLC is out, first up is the second of three Special Stages this one featuring Punk from Mega Man III.

Gameplay:
As with Enker's Stage all the other Time Attack stuff still holds.

Punk's stage is pretty straight forward but makes use of the MM10 version of the compactor traps instead of the Dust Man styled ones that move up and down non-stop. The platforms from Blade Man's stage are present, besides that it is pretty much a normal stage. It's worth pointing out that unlike the previous Special Stage this one has an E-Tank.

Beating this stage gives you Punks Weapon, the Screw Crusher which launches a blade forwards in a steep parabolic arc falling a few paces from Mega Man. It's as strong as Mega Man's default buster and gets obscenely good energy consumption so it is more of a buster replacement than anything else. It's useful though in some spots and given how MM10's weapon set is a bit lack luster it's probably a good thing to have. It's a much better weapon than the Mirror Buster.
17 out of 20

Music:
The stages music is a remix of Punk's theme from Mega Man III, it's pretty good and they deserve some credit for being able to make a 30 second jingle into a full theme.
15 out of 15

Translation:
0 out of 0

Rehash Factor:
This stage is a very loose interpretation on the final stage of Mega Man III, with the only real changes being removing the Shadow Man and Spark Man esque sections and replacing them with a countdown bomb and Blade Man's platforms section. There is also the compactor change mentioned earlier and it is worth noting the stage ends early, which is a damn good thing as Mega Man III's final stage is one of the longest Mega Man stages in the series.

As with the previous stage this one uses a modified tileset as well.

Unlike Enker, Punk really wasn't modified for a larger screen, he's a bit faster and has the ability to do a charge so high Mega Man has to walk under it, but it's not as much as they did with Enker.
0 out of 15

Length:
It's about a 2 to 4 minute stage (really anything above 5 means you took your damn sweet time) much shorter than the one in Mega Man 9 but that was because most of that stage was fighting mid-bosses. As mentioned before the stage is cut short as well.
8 out of 15

Plot:
ENKER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER DYING TWICE.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STOP ZOMBIE GOAST PUNK?

Mega Man III was about Wily stealing an oil refinery, which is actually where the last stage (which this stage is remade from) was set.
0 out of 0

Difficulty: This stage is much easier than it was in Mega Man III, mainly due to having a larger screen, but a lot of Mega Man III's questionable level design practices weren't present in the part of the stage they remade anyways.

As mentioned before Punk hasn't been changed up that much besides moving faster and having a third height to dash at. This however means Punk can still kill you in a mere four hits, seven if you pack along that E-Tank. Once you get used to his pattern though the fact you have a larger screen makes the Screw Crusher a joke, and all you have to worry about is what height he'll dash at. For what it's worth Punk is weak to Enker's Mirror Buster but good luck hitting him with it. No really if you want to hit him with you're pretty much going to have to be right in front of him.

Overall the actual stage is a bit tougher but Punk is a bit easier as his pattern didn't get changed up too much and even if you've never fought him before, his pattern is still pretty straight forward.
15 out of 15

Pretty much the same call as Enker's.

Positive: They didn't use the entire stage.

Negative: Green, brown and purple? Who the fuck came up with this stages color scheme?!

UHMEEEEBA

April 26, 2010, 09:40:48 PM #4 Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:01:31 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Intro:
Which leaves only one special stage.

Gameplay:
Really nothing special to say, it's based on a couple stages from Mega Man IV but also has some new things like conveyer belts. This stage is unique though in that it has a unique hazard, the missiles from Mega Man IV that have to be destroyed to proceed.

For beating this stage you get Ballade Cracker, imagine Drill Bomb fused with a Metal Blade, that's pretty much what Ballade Cracker is. It explodes on contact with an enemy or a wall and can be aimed like a Metal Blade (except it can not be fired straight down). It has fairly good energy consumption too  but it's weaker than it was in Mega Man IV and a bit slower too, still a good weapon to have and more reliable than Strike Man's. The explosion will also damage enemies through their shields rendering Solar Blaze pretty much pointless.
17 out of 20

Music:
The music is an arrangement of Ballade's theme from Mega Man IV, I don't like it as much as the original but it's still pretty good.
15 out of 15

Translation:
0 out of 0

Rehash Factor:
This stage is a combination of the final Wily Stage, and parts of Ballade's two stages from Mega Man IV, even going as far to add the Proto Man room and put an E-Tank there. Although it has a few new sections like the conveyer belt section that is pretty damn annoying actually. The stage also uses a modified tileset.

Ballade himself pretty much fights identical to his final fight from Mega Man IV, he can lay more bombs now to deal with the larger screen but he's still the easiest of the Special Stage bosses, probably because his stage is the hardest but I digress. Ballade is weak to Punk's Screw Crusher, and as you may expect Enker is in turn weak to the Ballade Cracker.

Occasionally Ballade will show up in his second form from Mega Man IV at the end of the stage, apparently this has no effect on the battle and is completely random.
0 out of 15

Length:
Again it is about a two to four minute stage. That aside it is also the shortest of the Special Stages.
8 out of 15

Plot:
BALLADE IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER DYING THRICE

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STOP ZOMBIE GOAST BALLADE?

Mega Man IV was just about Wily being his usual self, nothing special.
0 out of 0

Difficulty: Ballade's stage is the hardest of the group with sections mainly focusing on precise jumping (although I DID beat this stage in one try and the others took a couple so...). Ballade himself is pretty damn easy as previously stated so it balances out. If you aren't familiar with Mega Man IV the missiles may throw you for a loop in the last section, here's a hint use Triple Blade.
15 out of 15

Still not bad, and the weapon you get from it is pretty damn good.

Positive: If you think Ballade being weak to Screw Crusher sucks, in Mega Man IV he was weak to Power Stone.

Negative: I don't like the new version of Ballade's theme as much but that's just me it seems.

UHMEEEEBA

April 26, 2010, 10:09:47 PM #5 Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:00:55 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Intro:
Introduced as a throw away DLC mode in Mega Man 9 and under-hyped compared to Proto Man and the Difficulty levels, Endless Attack ended up being the most popular DLC from Mega Man 9, so naturally Capcom brought it back for Mega Man 10. And for that matters made it the last of the DLC.

Gameplay:
For starters you can only use Mega Man in Endless Attack. That aside the mode pretty much functions like it did in Mega Man 9, if you need a refresher:
-One life
-You can use all Weapons and Rush Adaptors from MM10, including the Mega Man Killer's weapons if you have unlocked them
-You go through an area and upon clearing it are sent to another one randomly.
-Every thirty screens you go through a brief three screen section and fight a MM10 Robot Master
-Your progress is recorded by the number of screens you clear successfully.

That aside it's a bit different in its own ways, MM9's Endless Attack obviously used MM9 assets, this uses MM10s. Which means you no longer have to worry about the pulling robots from Galaxy Man's stage which MM9's Endless Attack seemed to love. Special stage hazards such as compactors, Blade Man's platforms and desert storms seem absent. It is also worth noting this time there are a lot more ice areas.

However it is worth noting part of the reason MM9's Endless Attack was good was MM9 has a really good weapon set... MM10 doesn't. While it is still fun you might want to consider picking up Screw Crusher and Ballade Cracker to make up for some of MM10's lackluster weapons.

There is still a ranking for this last time I checked number one had about 1300 screens, it took a while for people to get to 900 first time...

If you liked MM9's Endless Attack, you'll probably like this as it's more of  the same, if you didn't I'd suggest you pass as the Weapon Set isn't going to make it better for you.
17 out of 20

Music:
A bit too trancey for my tastes but better than MM9's Endless Attack music, and given you'll be hearing it a lot it's probably good it doesn't repeat so much.
12 out of 15

Lenth:
I cannot confirm it at this time but I believe MM10's Endless Attack has more sections than MM9's. Either way it's still pretty good.
15 out of 15

Rehash Factor:
MM9's Endless Attack had a few sections inspired by MM1 and 2, this time Capcom has upped the ante, this is what I've noticed so far.

[spoiler]
Mega Man:
The first screen of Elec Man's stage.

Mega Man 3:
Water segment of the first Gemini Man stage

Mega Man 4:
Extended version of the spiked pit you got Wire from in Dive Man's stage
The part from Cossack's first stage featuring Skull Joes and Up and Downs (i.e. the part with the Russian buildings in the background)

Mega Man 5:
A segment from the second Dark Man stage.
A segment from the first Wily Stage
A segment from the second Wily Stage

Mega Man 6:
The latter part of Blizzard Man's stage picking up from where you would hop off the submarine.

Mega Man 9:
The vanish block puzzles from Plug Man's stage. Shit this is like recursive now.

Mega Man Wily Wars:
The first screen of the second Wily stage from Wily Tower, this is likely just a coincidence.

I'm not sure but I think I saw something very loosely based on a section for Burst Man's stage from MM7, it wasn't so obvious so I dunno though.[/spoiler]
13 out of 15

Plot:
What plot? There was no plot here, the whole notion strikes you as reckless and foolhardy.
0 out of 0

Translation: Or a translation for that matter.
0 out of 0

Difficulty: Assuming that the game adds on damage as you progress like it did in Mega Man 9... That aside this time there's a lot more cheap deaths and the drills from Metal Man's stage in MM2 make multiple appearances, while this lets you grind if you need too they can be pretty annoying.
15 out of 15

Total: 72/80 = 90 % right on the nose

Positive: It's still the Mega Man equivalent of ADD.

Negative: The weapon set sort of holds everything down.