• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:20:09 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Sony patents interactive MST3K-like Software

Started by UHMEEEEBA, November 04, 2009, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Seems a bit pointless to me. You can mock a movie without having to have your silhouette in front of it.

And now for something stupid yet related:

QuoteUHMEEEEBA says (12:59 PM):
http://corrupt, adulterating shitbags.com/5396505/sonys-mystery-science-theater+like-interactive-tv-patent-puts-you-in-the-movies

UHMEEEEBA says (12:59 PM):
I don't know how I feel about that.

Unnamed Belmont Emo Slayer says (1:02 PM):
THIS IS THE SONG.

OF PEOPLE RIFFING CRAAAAAAP.

WHICH THEY ARE PUT IN FRONT OF.

ON THEIR PLAYSTATION THREEEEEEEEEE.

THEY TRIED TO KILL ME WITH A FORKLIFT.

UHMEEEEBA says (1:03 PM):
Ole.

Jesuszilla

... MST3K only did that so as to let unsuspecting viewers know that they were watching guys making fun of a movie rather than a movie as-is and then freak out when they hear some random guy talking (which would result if all they did was dub the audio).

IRL, you know if you're watching a movie or making fun of it, which would make this pointless unless people were able to export what they made and share it with others (fat fucking chance, so there's really effectively no point to this).

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Actually it was a leftover from the original premise of the show, Joel survived an armageddon so he filmed himself watching bad movies, which happened to be in his bunker, across the planet in case anyone else was alive they'd see it.

It was decided that premise was way too dark for a comedy so they went with the mad scientists launching Joel into space, the silhouettes carried over because they where part of the original pitch to KTMA.