• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:34 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

SPAM THREAD!

Started by Deleted User, March 20, 2006, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Actually would make a good April Fool's joke character, but I don't do those anymore?

Fusion

All of 'em would make good April Fools' joke characters.  I've got Cybermotion 3D, which has all the elements for a CUBE movie.  Even the ability to make Level Red.  As well as The Dreaded Cone.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

And now, for a paradox, the Hanged Man's Paradox to be exact.

A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one day in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.

Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that if the hanging were on Friday then it would not be a surprise, since he would know by Thursday night that he was to be hanged the following day, as it would be the only day left. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.

He then reasons that the hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because that day would also not be a surprise. On Wednesday night he would know that, with two days left (one of which he already knows cannot be execution day), the hanging should be expected on the following day.

By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.

The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday - an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said has come true.

Which shows that psuedorandom numbers can be random, if you think they aren't random.

UHMEEEEBA

Edit: This is my 333rd post, I'm now officially half evil.

性交日本

Quote from: The Justice on March 15, 2007, 09:35:16 PM
And now, for a paradox, the Hanged Man's Paradox to be exact.

A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one day in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.

Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that if the hanging were on Friday then it would not be a surprise, since he would know by Thursday night that he was to be hanged the following day, as it would be the only day left. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.

He then reasons that the hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because that day would also not be a surprise. On Wednesday night he would know that, with two days left (one of which he already knows cannot be execution day), the hanging should be expected on the following day.

By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.

The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday - an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said has come true.

Which shows that psuedorandom numbers can be random, if you think they aren't random.
Hey, I liked that.

Jango

March 18, 2007, 03:25:48 AM #216 Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 05:31:48 AM by Jango
Some stuff I slapped together out of boredom. If you're offended, you suck and don't have an open mind.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

Are we skipping the fact that Medea killed her brother, tricked two girls into killing their father, killed her children, killed her uncle, and rode off ON the sunset laughing manically?

I mean she already has such a bad image she didn't need to be in a Type-Moon work to ruin it more.

ZING

Furthermore, you don't need to explain it to EVERYONE on floor, we're starting to think you have a Caster/Pointy Ear Fetish.

Jango

Quote from: The Justice on March 18, 2007, 08:03:54 AM
Dinosaur creators?

This is a term Mugen Superstar Basara used to describe Big Eli King

UHMEEEEBA

I have nothing, that's like a cardinal sin of MUGEN to say something like that.

UHMEEEEBA

|         |
|         |
|_TMF_|

This is the hole you're digging yourself into, right now the scale is about 1 pixel equals 500 meters.

So stop digging you n00blet.

UHMEEEEBA

Jango

My only guess is that when this was posted at Infinity Mugen, the poster didn't disclose my name so everyone thought they were joint efforts by MI.

UHMEEEEBA

I'd post the pancake bunny image, but I did that already.