• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:18 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

SPAM THREAD!

Started by Deleted User, March 20, 2006, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Fusion

The MAME team are a bunch of liars.

This is the MAME compatibility message you get when you start up Solar Assault:

QuoteThe game lacks sound.
THIS GAME DOES NOT WORK.  The emulation for this game is not yet complete.  There is nothing you can do to fix this problem except wait for the developers to fix it.

That would be so, should you just try to run it normally and hit the EEPROM error where it simply stops loading the game.

But, if you wanna reach actual gameplay:

If you've run it before, delete the file "slrasslt.nv" from the /nvram folder.  If it doesn't exist, just ignore them

- Start the game up, let it run normally until you reach the EEPROM error.
- Hold F2 and press F3, this will restart the game.

You will also want to adjust the Analog settings as the default settings are impossibly low to play with.  About 120 is pretty good for instant-response, going higher for the verticals because it seems like the up and down controls don't respond as well.  The fire buttons and the like all work properly otherwise, and the graphical glitches are nothing completely debilitating.

Otherwise, it was great to be reacquainted with a game I hadn't even seen for years, only heard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, didn't mention.  THE SOUND DOES WORK, you lying MAME dev jackasses.

UHMEEEEBA

I don't know what to think of this.

Yzan

OH SHIT! HES ON A BOAT~

Yzan

Hay Guyse, I Found A Myujen Vid.

Jango

Anjel

UHMEEEEBA

Jango

Quote from: Anjel on April 27, 2009, 08:12:15 AM
what the fuck

you are looking at the latest fine quality release by the people that brought you Big Bang Beat and Fate Sword Dance, Million Knights Vermillion

Fusion

Random fact:

The developers of Bubsy 3D also brought us Syphon Filter.

Yzan

Jango

Hey Yzan, I know it's the "Spam Thread" but that doesn't mean you have to constantly litter it with Chef Brian posts

Yzan

LOL Who?

Edit : *Checks Google

Chef Brian Pwnz Dude.  8)

UHMEEEEBA

Ban him, ban him NOW.

Yzan