• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:10:50 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 02, 2009, 12:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

June 02, 2009, 12:05:10 PM Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:14:43 PM by Torgo

Just announced a few minutes ago, details to come later.

Yoshi is back though. Hopefully done better in 3d this time than in Sunshine.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

This game has Purple Coins and as such can fuck right off and die in a fire.

MC2

I'm hardcore so I'm still getting it.

It's like a sign.  First I let my friend borrow my PS3 and a hellton of Wii games start coming out that I have interest in....

UHMEEEEBA

10 % of the games levels are modified ones from the first Mario Galaxy. This information comes from Miyamoto himself and states these ones have modified objectives, but still this is a bit of a cop out no matter how you slice it.

I honestly don't see how advertising your game blatantly rips off it's predecessor is a good idea.

MC2

Claws

Purple Coins weren't that bad besides the bone yard for actual *gasp* planning, eight-bit luigi for more planning and the whirl-jump trick to grab big clusters, and the dreadnaught for memorization and not being stupid with with what's ahead of you, stop going to the opposite extreme of the anguissettes.
(Besides, you didn't play all of those as Luigi with slipperiness added)

Also, Yoshi;
* can't have any new tricks with yoshi jumping unless enforced gravity bits again (plus sadistic)
* running on nippers = ice mario and lava
* berries won't mean anything without any time limits or coin collection abuse, screw sunshine fruit
* nothing is carried thus no importance on inventory mouth holding puzzles (and the hacks made those boring and there's no switches and shells are only forward)
* ENEMIES ARE NEVER A THREAT in any 3d mario game so thus easy enemy defeats redundant
Thus, I conclude that Yoshi will be another stupid key for locks like the fireflower was reduced to.

Bring back the fun extension of 64 direct jumping that sunshine had (fludd + tornado spinning, triple jump flips the amusement of sliding ,and side-backflips being important = unique, even without it still interesting) instead of this simplified jumping bullocks around sandboxing instead of direct level importance, too.

UHMEEEEBA

June 03, 2009, 12:56:15 AM #7 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:58:45 AM by Torgo
Quote<@UHMEEEEBA> http://trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?topic=1466.msg13153#msg13153
<@UHMEEEEBA> anguissettes? What?
<@UHMEEEEBA> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anguissette
<@UHMEEEEBA> No really what.
<@Vans> tf is an anguissete
<@UHMEEEEBA> DAMNED IF I KNOW
<@UHMEEEEBA> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anguissette
* Anjel (Anjel@c29c05d.data.6ca6f032.se.hmsk) has joined #trinitymugen
<@UHMEEEEBA> WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
<@UHMEEEEBA> MY BRAYN
<@Kung_Fu_Man> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anguissette
<@Kung_Fu_Man> gah
<Anjel> LOL NEON
<@Kung_Fu_Man> It's related to balance
<@Kung_Fu_Man> or more accurately balance scales
<Jango> So apparently there's more info about Big Bang Beat 2
<@UHMEEEEBA> AND WHY COULDN'T HE JUST SAY BALANCE SCALES?
<@UHMEEEEBA> NO HE HAS TO BUST OUT SOME LITERARY ALLUSION THAT NO ONE GETS
<@Vans> cuz he's just to kewl
<@Vans> *too

THIS ISN'T A CREATIVE WRITING CLASS CLAWS.

Jango

I like how you kept the irrelevant Big Bang Beat 2 bit

Claws

Okay fine that's what I get for not looking further into the actual definition of a word I thought meant "machoist", gah can't trust tvtropes for any interesting archiac words these days

(also nice to see no actual content counter just complaint of a word!
who cares about more damn locks and keys, or gameplay complexity!)

UHMEEEEBA

I didn't even bother to post it for that reason.

And I'm too pissed about the Metroid game, I'm pretending it doesn't exist for now.

Oh hey I forgot about Claws trying to use words without looking them up first, that was funny.

UHMEEEEBA

February 26, 2010, 10:10:17 AM #11 Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:14:54 AM by UHMEEEEBA
They brought back Giant World from Mario 3? Not content to leave one Mario game bad Nintendo decides to drag down more I guess.

Also the Super Mario World music.

Jesuszilla

Well to be fair the Giant World was also in Mario 64....

Or was that the other way around? I think it was the other way around...

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

It was both. But Mario 64 didn't suck so your point is moot.

Anjel