• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 04:42:47 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Duke Nukem apparently gives up

Started by The_None, May 07, 2009, 03:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

Insanius

May 07, 2009, 08:08:49 AM #1 Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:22:55 AM by Insanius
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooo

UHMEEEEBA

It's publisher yes but that doesn't mean the game is necessarily over, if they're still making Trilogy there is a hope for Forever... albeit very small.

Also aok edit your post it's stretching the damn page.

Jesuszilla

Indeed. Read about it this morning, all that's really happening is that Take Two is no longer giving 3D Realms funds for development, which isn't surprising given the time they're taking as well as the current state of the economy (although job losses are beginning to slow down).

Just try to keep things peaceful.

K.O.D

Insanius

QuoteBefore heading out to E3, George and Scott Miller had arranged a meeting between Epic, 3DR, and the people who had worked on Duke 3D but weren't working on DNF. The intent of this meeting was... you guessed it... how best to handle the future of the Duke franchise. Epic was invited because having Duke around on the Unreal Engine was a constant PR boon for them. So they are almost just as invested in how well Duke does as 3DR (as you will see later). It was a secret meeting (there were actually two meetings, but I'll get to that later), not even the publisher knew about it (except Mike Wilson... he was operating outside of the Gathering of Developer's authority). The people there were Scott Miller, George Broussard, Cliffy B, Mark Rein, Tim Sweeney, Levelord, Allen Blum, Keith Schuler, myself, Brandon Reinhart, Mike Wilson, and even Todd Replogle and Ken Silverman made the trip out there.

Holy shit.  Aside from Carmack and Romero this is the pantheon.

Jesuszilla

May 10, 2009, 12:28:23 AM #6 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:40:16 AM by Jesuszilla
I don't get it. :(

Also the chair story is fake? Is that what he just said?

Yzan

Wow. It looks So Great. Its Really A Shame.

Fusion

Doesn't really look like it had anything over the average First Person Shooter.

Jesuszilla

It did, now fuck off.

It looks fucking amazing... I'll be sad if it's canceled.

Insanius

Characters need an "Ego" bar now.

Fusion

Quote from: Jesuszilla on May 10, 2009, 04:52:55 PM
It did, now fuck off.

It looks fucking amazing... I'll be sad if it's canceled.

Last I saw, Take Two had the rights to publishing DNF, and they're not looking to fund development.  Send all the hate mail their way.

Yzan

Fusion