• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:09 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

MegaMan: Battle Chip Challenge

Started by Double, April 24, 2006, 11:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

April 24, 2006, 11:14:53 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:08:32 PM by Phoenix Magnion

I didn't think it was possible... but this game has scored lower than Battle Network 4. Yes, fucking, Battle Network 4. It's sad really.

Gameplay: Imagine BN but with everything automated. By that I mean your enemies would take turns attacking back and forth, while all you really did was push the A button. This is the gameplay of Battle Chip Challenge. Honestly, your only interaction in this game is choosing which attacks your character uses, and buying things. Besides that it's quite automated...
0 out of 20
I didn't think it was possible either.

Music: The music is also a point of concern, while not necessarily bad, considering that most of this is game is in the battles, and there are only three different types of battle music. Well, you have a painful experience in repetitiveness.
3 out of 15

Translation: I apologize guys... in all honesty I couldn't bear playing this game long enough to get an impression of its translation, so I can't count it.
NA

Length: Having said that Neon had played the Japanese version ages ago (see he's fucking retarded) and commented on it having the following:
Quote from: Neon_TigerBasically, theres these sets of tournaments you have to go through, and you get to fight the same people over again, repeatedly. And you get to try and do this with all six characters... but you only have two save files, smart Capcom.
8 out of 15

Rehash Factor:Nearly everything in this game is rehashed, no honestly! The only new things are the two characters Ring and TurboMan. All the others are blatantly lifted from previous BN games, spanning backwards from 3. Which makes little sense, seeing how Arashi and BeastMan's operator should be... well dead. Even worse, the backgrounds that appear when you fight opposing characters are ALSO lifted from BN1-3 (and in some cases degraded such as the School System Network, it use to count to 9, now it counts to 3). Ring and TurboMan do not a good game make.
0 out of 15

Plot: All the characters have their own corny reasons for taking place in this thingy... Most of them don't even make sense though, seem cliché and just bad. Some are never even resolved, such as Enza... Chaud's. The only thing worth noting is that in a rare move, TurboMan's operator's story references events from BN1. Yes a continuing plot from Capcom, ZOMG. But still, it sucks, painfully.
2 out of 10

Difficulty: Man, pressing that A button is hard! Seriously, this game is nothing but luck.
0 out of 15

Total: 13/90 = 14.444444444444444444444444444444 %

<QUAKE>HOLY SHIT</QUAKE>

Positive: Neon mentioned the original version of that FireMan character for Mugen was inspired by this.

Negative: I'll never be able to get a score lower than this... I am a sad panda.

Jesuszilla

I'm surprised anyone picked up the BN games after 2.

No, seriously. What made you think they'd get any better?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

April 25, 2006, 01:34:02 PM #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:42:30 PM by Mentos
3 was decent. It went downhill with 4.

In addition this game wasn't really a Battle Network game, like 1-6. It's just a silly thing that was suppose to be only on the WonderSwan. Regardless, it sucks.

In addition... while Double doesn't point out graphics, it should be noted when some characters use attacks, like Cannon...

The Cannon appears in a naughty place.