• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:53:38 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Lucario_MC2

Started by MC2, March 14, 2009, 05:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC2

I now have a good understanding of working with CNS files, so I decided to grow some balls and start on a real character.

He's based on KFM, and already has a good number of his sprites changed and I'm giving him his new sounds. His intro, taunt and winpose are totally different.  His voice will be the English Stupid Trash Blowthers Balls voice.  The sprites come from Dshiznets's Lucario.  He said Pokesho told him the sprites were open source as long as nobody made a full game with them.  When he's done I'll talk to my good friend EKen55 about making AI for him.

What's in the MC2 Groove?

-Focus Attack(SFIV)
-Just Defend(Garou)
-Meter Charge(KOF)
-Dodge(KOF/CVS2)
-Badass Finish(Borghi style instant KO.  When you have low health and a full meter you can do these.  You may have seen in my videos where I have the MS Paint "Badass Finish" logo with Eternity playing.  Well that is what you can expect.)

Of course, the betas and early versions won't have all of that.

And here's the clincher, what you all came to see....screenshots.

I had hell finding a good portrait.

Can't do small portraits for dick.

Football practice?

Aura Aura!

Here are some move ideas I have sketched.

Keep in mind I haven't kept up with Pokemon moves in a while, so if you know any move names that would suit the moves please let me know.

Aura Sphere-Basic hadouken type move.

Zankuu Aura Sphere-Diagonal downwards Aura sphere

Jump Kick-Diagonal kick from the air

Counter-Lucario takes a pose.  If he is hit, he warps behind the opponent and nails them with a quick strike.

Hadou Spark-While in the air, Lucario does a burst of energy that repels him and his opponent away from each other.

Zanretsuken-Exactly what it says on the tin.

Trinity Strikes-Similar to Terry's move from Garou, Lucario does a rushing shoulder, then follows it up with an elbow and finishes with a close range aura burst.

Rising Cyclone-Lucario rises upwards spinning his tail as an anti air.

Super Ideas

Aura Shikouken-Chargeable projectile like Takuma's.

Dark Pulse-Close range chargeable Kikoushou type move that stuns enemies a la Denjin Hadouken at max charge.

Generic Autochomboe Super-A move similar to Kim's super, he dashes very quickly at you and if it hits he beats the shit out of you.  Can be done in the air, like Kim's.

Aurochinagi-Carbon copy of Kyo's Orochinagi.

Energy Pillar-While in the air, Lucario throws an Aura Sphere that hits the ground and creates a column of energy that can hurt opponents.

Double Team-Similar to Rose or Talbain, our hero creates a mirror image of himself that doubles combos.  Either this or a custom combo mode would be my choice.

Badass Finish Idea

Desperation-Lucario rushes at the opponent, feigning an SGS.  When he grabs them, he holds them still and unleashes the full extent of his inner aura in the form of a giant field of blue energy that explodes upwards and absolutely destroys the opponent.

Jesuszilla

Heh, good luck. Remember we're here to help if you need it!

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Insanius

I love how your only ideas for super moves are taking them from other places   :what:
Energy Pillar would be a good choice, if only because that's more or less his final smash in SSBB.

MC2

I'll get his basic strikes done today, but I can't say when because I'm going to a party. 

Thanks for the support, and yeah my move ideas aren't very good.  I'll be happy to take suggestions though.

MC2

Sorry K.O.D.  :what:

For Jesuszilla

:(

wut

Yzan

The Hitspark x,y Values Need To Be Lowered.

MC2

I notice that, will fix it but my main concern is getting him playable first.

Jango

From experience, it's usually a lot easier to completely finish one attack before moving onto the next. That way it's not as hard to forget stuff when you release it.

MC2

I'm back from the party now.  I guess I'll start working on him again.

Anyway, just to get a popular opinion what kind of FX should I use for his Aura Sphere projectile?  I was thinking of using either Ryu or Sean's SF3 hadouken for it and having Akuma's Shinkuu Hadouken for a Dark Pulse-ish super version.

Yzan

March 15, 2009, 12:37:09 AM #9 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:40:13 AM by Yzan
Quote from: MC2 on March 14, 2009, 10:03:31 PM
I'm back from the party now.  I guess I'll start working on him again.

Anyway, just to get a popular opinion what kind of FX should I use for his Aura Sphere projectile?  I was thinking of using either Ryu or Sean's SF3 hadouken for it and having Akuma's Shinkuu Hadouken for a Dark Pulse-ish super version.

Don't Use The Hadoukens For Your Myujenz
(Thats What They Want You To Do =P).
Try Using Some Sort Of Guilty Gear/Melty Blood/Original FX(Particle Illusion Works Wonders If You Know How To Use It). Just Stay Away From Hadouken FX.

MC2

I actually don't know how to use Particle Illusion.  Would the SvC/KOF fireballs look any good?

Yzan

If trans Then Yes. But, Generally Speaking, The Kof/SvC Fire Balls Usually Look Awsome(On Kof/Svc Charatcers).

Im Assuming You Will Be Coding The Hadoukens As Helpers No? If Your Gonna Go With SvC/Kof Effects You Should Code Them With After Images, And Trans Anims So They Get The Sexy Kofz Effect.

Jesuszilla

The small portrait you should give the same palette as Lucario himself.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

MC2

I've decided to backtrack and work on his CLSNs since I got sloppy with them.  Damn, this is the hardest part so far.  Deciding how to place CLSNs so they don't break the character is the main roadblock for me ATM.

MC2

Yep.

This is mostly to show the Trinity folks what I've got done so far.

His attacks, standing, walking, running, backhop, crouching, jumping and throw are all done.

Gonna do getting hit and laying and other such stuff next. Then it's on to the special moves.

Also I'm tweaking his CLSN boxes and adding sounds here and there