• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:24:27 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Ultimate Knight Windom XP (Windom XP's pay-only replacement)

Started by Fusion, January 23, 2009, 03:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

So I was checking up for updates if any, and I found out that:

At least, according to Google Translate's interpretation, that the freeware Windom XP is over and done with.  They probably won't even be supporting it soon and if sensationialism is correct, make Mirror Moon get rid of their translated version.  A complete discontinuing, if I'm not mistaken.

I snagged the trial of the pay version.  It came with 3 mechs, 2 stages, and the standard 3 pilots.  here's some shots I took of it running in Vista (64-bit):

Some of the changes I've noted:

- Frame Selection pictures and interface have been updated.  Still soundless but now it's wrap-around looking.
- Stages have been completely redone.  See the third screenshot.  Also, that stage has a few skyscrapers.
- BGM Selection, though I usually have BGM volume down to nothing.
- Windom Vista has an extended saber combo, now dealing 5 hits.  2 stabbing motions were added.
- There's a new mech in the full version, looks to be another one of the Linux robots, wielding a scythe.

Checking up on Mirror Moon, three new mechs were added:

- Millennium Type-B
- Windom Vienna
- Linux? Primula
Other than that, there's nothing really big I've been able to notice aside from the clearly improved graphics (yeah, I was using HDR).  The Demo's limited to 2 modes, as well.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Fusion

January 23, 2009, 07:17:22 PM #2 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:24:34 PM by Fox McCloud
I'm gonna test that out.

EDIT:

Yup.  Just plugged Heavy Weapons Guy in and he worked straight away.

Also, I'm betting that some site has a download of the full version up and running in a short time frame, simply because I'm sure at least 60% of the Windom XP fanbase is gonna be pissed when they find out they have to pay for it now.

Jango

Fusion

$21 in American, though I don't know if their payment method supports importing.

Insanius

Tyrannosaurus Reich