• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:48:02 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

MU Collaboration: Rosenkreuz Stilette Freudenstachel Demo Impressions

Started by Double, January 02, 2009, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

LONGEST THREAD TITLE EVER? MAYBE. First off this is not a review, it is merely impressions of the demo that recently came out. The full game is not due until Summer so don't bitch about it.

Intro: In case you aren't familiar with the original Rosenkreuz Stilette I suggest you read up on it. This game seems to be a sequel/side story as despite having mentioned and shown art for new bosses on the games page the demo only includes bosses from the original, albeit this time they mean business. This raises the question what's with the new bosses, but oh well. So with that out of the way here are some impressions, and in addition an obscene amount of screens I took in my play through.

Gameplay: The game still plays like the NES MegaMan games, and the only real things to note is that you are now controlling a boss character from the first game Freudia. She can still slide, but she doesn't have a buster she instead uses her weapon from the first game as a default attack. This has weapon energy. Yes the default weapon has limited energy. I really don't know what else to say besides that it's a rather retarded choice.

Length: It's a F***ING demo it's only three stages.

Rehash Factor: The demo at least milks the previous game to absurd levels, the music is exactly the same as the first game, hopefully this will be changed for the final release. In addition with a few exceptions the stages are very similar to the originals but now only much harder.

Plot: I DUNNO IT'S A DEMO.

Difficulty: MegaMari best move over as  it looks like there will be a new hardest MegaMan themed game in town.

AND NOW FOR MY PLAYTHROUGH WITH MORE IMPRESSIONS:

As shown above, the stage select placements are identical which leads me to the impression that the other bosses are likely going to be back. ( I would like to take this time to say that the fact that Schwer-Muta gets a new stage is both awesome and terrifying)

Anyways, I decide to kill the ToadMan ripoff first. As mentioned above note Freudia's default weapon has energy.

This isn't as bad as it looks, really.

Leap of faith gameplay, yay!

And so I arrived at the ToadMan ripoff, this won't take long.

WHAT.

Luckily I had more than one life so her new Storm Eagle powers were not enough to kill me. She has the ability to fly now and has no problem using the Rain Flush in the air where you can't hit her to stop it forcing you to run under her and use her as a makeshift umbrella. She also has some new weird pink move thing you see there.

Her new techniques were not enough to save her though, as I kicked her ass and gained a weapon which was actually an attack Freudia used in the last game as shown above. But Zwinger? Well whatever.

And so I moved onto the next stage to kill Zorne the Bomberman ripoff, who is now apparently living in TomahawkMan's stage... after she set it on fire anyways.

As shown here Cross Tanks still exist, I tried to get it but died and then just ended up getting in the next life anyways.

Zorne's stage has a new major addition, vanish blocks, joy.

Well this was a different use of them I'll admit, but it ended up killing me on my last life,

... uh what?

Undeterred, I returned and this time made it past the vanish block section to Zorne.

Zorne has a new sprite, but that doesn't matter.

At first she seems to fight exactly the same way as she did in the first game...

However she can now lob more bombs at once and has a jump kick (not pictured), to my dismay she was not weak to my Zwinger.

She still has the "HURRY UP!" attack.

What the fack? Anyways, with nowhere else to go I went to go get horribly owned by Grolla.

I finally found an extra life... and immediately use it.

To my dismay they kept the exact same mid-boss even, doesn't look go for much new content at least yet.

Here have some appropriate music:

I think the designers like epic sliding sequences for some reason.

Well crap.

And so I reach Grolla and as expected die. However I determined she is weak to Zwinger.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

However I died, and at this point was too lazy to continue.

In conclusion, the game looks decent thus far and quite hard if these stages are any indication, but I do hope that there is actually new content in the finished product, and that they fix that whole default weapon having weapon energy thing.