• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:06:34 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Full Game Idea Bouncing

Started by Jango, October 27, 2008, 06:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jango

This isn't in WIP because I'm nowhere near close to even an alpha of a full game. Instead, this topic is just to bounce around preliminary ideas because in the event I pick this up, I want to keep what's discussed here in mind. The project?

Melty Blood vs. Big Bang Beat: Dash to Truth

Plot: The story is focused more heavily on the Daibanchou storyline, with a B-Crystal outbreak in Japan, awakening unusual powers in those exposed. Rumor has it that the Tohno bloodline helped trigger the outbreak, and basically, the gangs in Daibanchou (Rouga's, Ren's, and Sanzou's) are trying to investigate.

Roster: 22 characters total (20 selectable, 2 bosses) Naturally all of the Big Bang Beat characters would make the cut, as there are only 10 fighters. Devil Daigo would be one of the bosses. The Melty Blood side is where we get a problem. Currently thinking that the Melty Blood fighters would include Shiki Tohno, Kouma, Nrvnsqr Chaos, Hisui&Kohaku, Arcueid, Akiha, Ciel, Len, Sion, and Aoko, with Warachia being Melty Blood's boss representative. Since both series have tiny joke characters, perhaps these should be incorporated too (leaning mainly towards Manbou and Neco Arc Chaos)

Gameplay Mechanics: THIS IS WHERE THE MAIN STUFF IS CONCERNED
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff from BBB:
- B Counter (Sacrifice one powerstock to counter an opponent's attack while blocking)
- Enhance (A specialized taunt that can be use a limited number of times per round. Its effects vary based on fighter)
- Attack Power Correction (while holding a charge button, health is drained while all attacks gain a permanent power gain percentage-wise for the remainder of the match)

Stuff from Melty Blood
- Heat Mode/Blood Heat Mode (As powerbar drains, health slowly heals)
- Arc Drives (Supers that can only be done during Heat/Blood Heat Mode. Naturally BBB characters' Big Bang Breaks would be substituted for Arc Drives)
- Ex-Shield (if done as an opponent's attack connects, acts like a parry. If button is held down, drains power)

Original
- Team Advantage (Team Mode only. Special attack/defense/etc bonuses will be awarded by picking compatible characters. For example, Rouga and Kunagi would be compatible characters, as would Shiki and Arcueid. In addition, cross-series compatibilities that are loosely based on character types, such as Kouma and Daigo, might have potential)

Naturally it's an "either/or" situation for Attack Power Correction and Heat Mode, as both together would result in some nasty system exploitation. If Heat Mode is ommitted, Arc Drives could possibly be implemented another way, such as the way BBB handles Big Bang Breaks.
---------------------------------------------

DISCUSSION

Insanius

All the more reason to finish my FrameDisplay hack.  (Progress is not good btw.  :()

If it comes down to a vote, I'd rather have Heat Mode over Attack Power Correction since it'd probably be a bad idea to increase the damage on an MB character EVER.

That said, you might want to tell us what your plans for the combo system are.  My above opinion could change depending on it.

Jango

Compared to Melty Blood, it would be pretty nerfed down, kinda like what I have for Ren right now.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

i don't like the idea to be honest

too many fanboy/girl faggots would suck this game's dick

Jango

that would be the melty blood fans since big bang beat fanbases are nonexistant lol

c001357

where is akatsuki blitzkampf
and what kind of name is dash to truth

Jesuszilla

ABK uses hi-res sprites, and converting them to low-quality sprites just so they fit in with the rest of the cast would be wrong, and making the rest of the cast hi-res just to fit in with ABK sprites would be too much work.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

October 31, 2008, 03:04:19 AM #7 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:06:41 AM by Captain Jack
Quote from: c001357 on October 30, 2008, 08:53:51 AM
where is akatsuki blitzkampf
wuh

Quote from: c001357 on October 30, 2008, 08:53:51 AMand what kind of name is dash to truth
That's the theme song to Daibanchou: Big Bang Age, and ran consistent with the theme of the characters trying to create their own ideal governments. Here, it can be an extension of that idea, or it can refer to the conspiracy that the plot is implying, so it works either way.

Quote from: Jesuszilla on October 30, 2008, 04:18:05 PM
ABK uses hi-res sprites, and converting them to low-quality sprites just so they fit in with the rest of the cast would be wrong, and making the rest of the cast hi-res just to fit in with ABK sprites would be too much work.
Technically speaking, there was a prequel to ABK that used low-res sprites, but the movelists and spriting styles are very inconsistent with both BBB and MB, so I'd have to resprite all the characters and overhaul the gameplay.

Although if I did like that one DBZ/Naruto/One Piece video game and just titled it based on initials, "B.A.M." would be an awesome title.