• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:31:11 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

MegaMan: Battle Network 4 (Red Sun and Blue Moon)

Started by Double, March 20, 2006, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

March 20, 2006, 10:14:23 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:17:18 PM by Phoenix Magnion
Behold, the slightly update review. This will eventually be happening to all of the old reviews, the grammar and most spelling typos will be removed. Some of the sections have been further elaborated and as you can see below, I will include a picture of the title screen and a gameplay shot were it is possible.

MegaMan Battle Network 4, well first off being the 4th game in the series is was kind of obvious Capcom had already milked the series for all it was worth and now was beating a dead horse. However unlike their traditional dead horse beating this one was particularly bad.

Gameplay: By now the gameplay had pretty much been raped to death by Capcom being the fourth game in the series. Furthermore, the best thing about BN2 and 3, the styles, were thrown out so they could be substituted with the Soul System. The Souls sound unique at first but they get old fast and are not even balanced Fire Soul flat out blows for example where Wind Soul is cheaper than a 1 cent piece of candy. There are a couple decent new chips such as the Hockey series and a few others. The battles in this game seem more boring, and you'll often want to run away more than fight. Finally, the cheapest trick ever, the forced multiple plays through, Capcom took Square's famous New Game + and butchered it by FORCING you to play through at least three times to get everything! Combine this with the silly tournament system forcing you to do stupid side quests, often ending in the same area in Park Area 2.
8 out of 20, ouch.

Music: GOD. You would think Capcom would have this down by now, but no they don't. Most of the music in this game is repetitive (I'm looking at you Densan Dome!) and the final boss music is just plain sad, come on Capcom you can do better!
5 out of 15

Translation: Did they get the guy who did Zero wing to do this?! Nearly every other line has some sort of horrid engrish in it! Rather than cite examples I'll show you!

.5  out of 10

Length: Well it's a long game as you're forced to beat it THREE times... way to go Capcom. This game will keep you busy for awhile doing the same things over and over...
6 out of 15.

Rehash: I'll give Capcom credit for having new over world graphics and mug shots, but this game uses several bosses over from BN1 through 3, and of course re-uses sprites and sounds, typical Capcom fair.
7 out of 15

Plot: What plot? There's a big ass asteroid OH NOES... but you don't actually do anything about it until the very end of the game. The rest of the game is you running around doing stupid ass quests for your opponents in the tournaments.
0 points out of 10

Difficulty: I suppose this is the one thing this game excels at. As the difficulty increases each time you play... but most veterans of the series will have no problem with it, new players to the series may struggle. There are some ANNOYING parts though such as Video Man's section (sup reversed controls?).
9 out of 15.

Total: 33.5 out of 100 = 33.5 %

I think I pretty much have stated just about everything... overall this game could have been better, it was real disappointment, and I'm glad I have no .exe character yet.

Positive: That Fire Dude Neon Bastard likes is in it.

Negative: Everything else.