• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:07 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

The stupid/simple questions thread.

Started by Jesuszilla, April 04, 2006, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

I'll start it off.

Susie has a round piece of cardboard 10 in. in diameter. She wants to cut out a 10 in. by 2 in. rectangle from the circle. After that she wants to cut out 10 1 in. squares. What makes this impossible?

If you don't get it, I'm really surprised that you've survived this far in life.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

April 05, 2006, 11:42:28 AM #2 Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:40:39 AM by Mentos
19. For the written labratory, the written materials, manuals, instructions sheets, etc. were
a: Extremely Helpful
b: Very Helpful
c: Adequate
d: Somewhat Helpful
e: No Helpful

A circle has a radius of 4/√(π), find the area in terms of π.

You are driving your car down a highway at a speed of 30 m/s with a total mass of 2000 kg, suddenly Chuck Norris appears in the road and Roundhouse kicks your car (for breaking the speed limit), bringing it to a stop in .00000001 seconds. Find the force exerted by Chuck Norris.

A bullet hits a block at 500 m/s goes through the block and leaves at a speed of at a speed of 1120 miles/hour. Find the momentum.

On a distant planet the temperature is -280 degrees celsius... (remainder of problem cut because it was lame)

Now for an argument I had with a teacher regarding the derivate of infinity.

The derivate of any constant is Zero.
Infinity is a constant, although an infinity large one. Ergo the derviate of infinity is zero.
Infinity multiplied by anything is infinity.
The integral (anti-derviate) of a constant is that constant multipled by what the integral is in respect to.

Therefore:

∫∞ dx = ∞x + C

But because anything multiplied by ∞ is ∞ and, anything added to ∞ is ∞,

∫∞ dx = ∞

Which means logically if the derivate were taken it would equal infinity, but it can not because infinity is a constant, in other words:

OH SNAP.

Fusion

UHMEEEEBA

And now for something completley different, Logs.

X = log3(81-1)
Solve for X.

A = Pert
Determine the amount of interest accumulated in 1 year if the intial investement is $ 1000, if the interest rate is ln(2). Leave in terms of e.

ZOMG Sub and super script scripts.

Fusion

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

4 = 2X + 6
Solve for Z. (or something to that effect)

And because I can't remember any more right now, a joke:

A physicist, a biologist, and a mathematician are walking past an empty, abandoned house. They see two people go into the house, and then sometime later three people emerge. The physicist says, "That's impossible!", the biologist says, "They must have reproduced." and the mathematician says "If someone else went in there that house would be empty again."

Up in heaven, a bunch of scientists are playing tag, and it's Einstein's turn to be "it". Once he gets done counting, he turns around and sees Newton just standing there, in the middle of a box he's drawn on the ground. So Einstein walks over and tags him, but Newton doesn't do anything. Einstein says, "Newton, what are you doing? I caught you." And Newton replies, "No you didn't. I'm Newton over a square meter. You caught Pascal."

A lawyer, a physicist and an economist are locked up together in a prison cell. Once a day a warden throws a can of meat through the bars - without a can opener! One day the lawyer says "I'm sick of this, I'll sue the prison for inhumanity!". The physicist says: "No, let me calculate the ideal force and angle at which to throw the can against the wall, so it will crack open!"... upon which the economist says: "No, I got it, let's just assume the can is open - and we'll all have enough to eat!"

Fusion

Jesuszilla

"Yeah, we tried to do what you told us but it said something about some sort of a wizard and we couldn't find it."
"That would be the auto-content wizard."
"Yeah we couldn't find it."
"It's the first thing that shows up on the screen. Click New Presentation, and then Auto-Content Wizard."
". . ."

An example of the shit I have to endure every day.

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion

UHMEEEEBA