• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:08:52 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Megaman: Maverick Hunter X

Started by Jesuszilla, April 03, 2006, 05:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

April 03, 2006, 05:05:11 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:07:11 PM by Jesuszilla
Okay. I had been waiting for the Megaman PSP releases for a while, and when I saw both Powered Up! and Maverick Hunter X laying on a shelf, I chose MHX.

I had only played the original Megaman X for SNES once, emulated. I had never beaten it, so I wouldn't know all of the revisions made firsthand. I decided to have the MHX FAQ and MMX FAQ side-by-side to see what was different.

But let's start with the obvious. Some capsule locations have been changed. For example, the Legs upgrade was originally in Flame Mammoth's stage, but is now in Chill Penguin's stage. In addition, you can no longer die in order to get the hadouken capsule. Instead, you must go through Armored Armadillo's whole stage with full health and sub-tanks and not take a single hit. This sounds challenging, but I found that a charged-up rolling shield can pretty much get you through there unscathed. Also, Vile has been moved to the third Sigma Fortress stage.
Rehash factor: 12/15

Believe it or not, there are *gasp* PLOT REVISIONS!!!! And they're coming from Capcom, so you know it'll work out juuuuuust perfect...

WRONG!

Once you beat the game, you unlock a couple of things. One of which is the Day of Sigma anime. Later on, you'll see Dr. Cain getting blown up. Great going, Capcom. You killed off someone who wasn't supposed to go missing 'till X4, and now as a result, Double never existed.
Plot: Capcom

Overall, the gameplay was pretty nice. Tough in some parts, but it got easier along the way.

However, Sigma's first form and Velguarder are tougher than EVER. If you need a strategy for these tough bosses, here you go (Note: You need the hadouken power-up for this to work):

QCF+Shot

There. You're done.
Gameplay: 10/15

Overall, I actually liked this game. The addition of Vile mode was pretty fun, too. Haven't beaten Vile mode, but really, X mode is really all that's needed to review.

92.3% and I'm just choosing a random number because I'm lazy.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jesuszilla

April 09, 2006, 12:39:55 PM #1 Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:50:28 PM by Jesuszilla
Quote from: Double on April 03, 2006, 05:07:30 PMOh, I wanted to test something,

INTERNET EXPLORER

What's that supposed to do?

Quote from: T.G. Cid on April 09, 2006, 05:01:50 AM
Quote from: Jesuszilla on April 03, 2006, 05:05:11 PM
But let's start with the obvious. Some capsule locations have been changed. For example, the Legs upgrade was originally in Flame Mammoth's stage, but is now in Chill Penguin's stage.

LOL, you got it backwards the Leg upgrade is in Chill Penguin's Stage in the SNES Version.

Okay, so the leg parts are still in Chill Penguin's stage.
Quote from: MHX FAQLEG PARTS: PROTOTYPE WEAPONS PLANT
   HEAD PARTS (need LEG PARTS): MISSILE BASE
   BODY PARTS (need HEAD PARTS): NEW TYPE AIRPORT
   ARM PARTS (need LEG PARTS): RECON BASE

Just try to keep things peaceful.