• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:07:06 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

MegaMan 9, no really.

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 13, 2008, 02:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Wily's full of shit, you should know that by now.

I really don't understand what you don't get about the ending, Wily tricked MegaMan into trying to save a Robot Clone of Light and escaped, there's really not much else to get wonder about...

Jesuszilla

My point was that the ending was kind of empty.

Also, I did not like the lack of Forte.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jesuszilla

Tyrannosaurus Reich

i suck at megaman gaems so i'll probably suck at this as well sfsgeryhe

Jesuszilla

I was actually able to beat this one.

UHMEEEEBA

October 06, 2008, 01:14:21 PM #50 Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:29:52 PM by Torgo
I bought Endless Attack and ProtoMan today.

I have yet to even try ProtoMan, Endless Attack is too much fun. It runs you through a bunch of small sections and counts your progress by how many screens you have cleared. Every 30 screens or so you seem to fight a MegaMan 9 boss.

Also of note I saw a few sections from other MegaMan games in there, most notably the first section of Wily Stage I from MegaMan 1, the infamous block section from Heat Man's stage (yes the one responsible for that stupid AirMan meme) and a spike drop section I recognized I think it's from one of the Wily Stages in MegaMan 2.

My record right now is 72 screens, I died because I jumped too high into spikes.

Seriously if you only enough money for one buy the Endless Attack. My only complaint is the music kind of sucks.

Edit: Ran into a section I had already did in another run so there doesn't seem to be random generation, there just seems to be an ass load of shit they can throw at you.

UHMEEEEBA

Tried ProtoMan finally, to be frank he really isn't that good.

He suffers from,

-Double Damage
-Double Recoil
-The fact he can only have two shots of the Proto Buster on the screen at once.
-His Charge Shot is the Wimpy MegaMan 4 version.
-He cannot access the shop (thus the only place he can get E-Tanks are PlugMans, TornadoMans  stages and the Wily stages)
-He only uses his shield while jumping.
-Sliding doesn't really make that much of an improvement.
-He has no story

The only plus is you start off with his version of the Jet.

Played a bit more of Endless, stages can loop in my last run I went to one twice. Got 122 screens died on account of spikes.

Jesuszilla

Told you there'd be some stupid drawbacks to Protoman.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm fine with 1 or 2, but they just kept on leveling them on to the point of stupidity.

Jesuszilla

Wait a second... I just noticed something...

UHMEEEEBA

October 17, 2008, 09:25:28 AM #55 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:28:06 AM by Torgo
Those expecting Bass to be the boss of the Special Stage, prepare to be disappointed.

Spoilers

The boss is "Fake Man" one of the fake police robots seen at the end of the game. It's a fair cop.

Yes, that is the worst pun I have ever stated in my entire life, I apologize.