• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:32:52 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MegaMan 9, no really.

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 13, 2008, 02:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Sounds like the soundtrack's gonna be no problem.  I'll be expecting someone at 2a03 to be remaking the music in NSF.

Jesuszilla

That second level looks just.... Mean.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

The game will cost 10 dollars. Apparently Famitsu confirmed downloadable content as well.

Fusion

July 09, 2008, 12:44:04 PM #18 Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:56:04 PM by [Matsuda]
Quote from: [Kira] on July 07, 2008, 11:10:22 AM
That second level looks just.... Mean.

It doesn't look as mean as the first Mr. X from Megaman 6.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT?

ON THE WII?

SURELY YOU JEST

UHMEEEEBA

Well in Powered Up the "Downloadable Content" was in fact all installed on the game and were instead just activated via download once Capcom made them available... they could conceivably do something like that again in place of actual downloadable content.

Fusion

I just wonder if they're building it on the NES platform, or are doing what that Rockman 7 NES fangame did.

UHMEEEEBA

July 10, 2008, 07:04:35 PM #22 Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:09:01 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Trailer. Also the game is not a WiiWare exclusive after all. In addition to the intro you can also see a bit of all the stages and silhouettes of the bosses, Splash Woman is a mermaid. IGN claims there will be a leaderboard ranking system. Roll and Beat can be seen in the trailer.

In addition MegaMan 1 and 2 will be released on Virtual Console soon.

UHMEEEEBA

As pointed out here, you can actually make out a few details of Splash Woman if you pause right before her section.

Tried it with the others, doesn't seem to work.

Jesuszilla

July 10, 2008, 09:51:31 PM #24 Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:54:58 PM by [Kira]
Oh and as for Galaxy Man's stage being a Portal ripoff, I think it's safe to say Capcom's staff members are fans of Portal because in addition to that, I found this on their site a while back:

UHMEEEEBA

Makes sense.

The IGN article by the way points out the robots were indeed created by Dr. Light... you would think after MegaMan 1 he'd know not to make more.

Some people think that the fact they are Light bots might be used as an excuse to make them playable like in Powered Up... but then they realize Splash Woman has NO LEGS.

Jesuszilla

What she's a robot she could be like a Transformer....

And the question here is WHY did Light make them? What purpose would they serve?

UHMEEEEBA

He's Light, he probably is going to justify them the same way he did in MegaMan 1 (i.e. the robot with giant killer scissors on its head being a lumberjack), heck let me try:

Splash Woman: Water purification, deep sea exploration.
Magma Man: Waste disposal.
Concrete Man: Construction purposes.
Tornado Man: Wind power generation.
Plug Man: Electrical grid work (assuming he's electric).
Galaxy Man: Space Exploration.
Jewel Man: Looking pretty, alternatively construction (i.e. diamond tipped drills).
Hornet Man: Rounds up all the hornets so they can be killed in mass numbers preventing crop damage.

Seriously though, I think Dr. Light's really evil.

UHMEEEEBA

Courtesy of HeatMan, it was pointed out that during the final part of that trailer when it zooms out one of the screens has Splash Woman in it.

Given she's underwater (not surprising SHE'S GOT NO LEGS), I bet shes weak to the electric weapon.

Jesuszilla