• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:14:05 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

StarMan.EXE Remaining Special\Super Vote

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 25, 2006, 11:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

June 25, 2006, 11:06:08 PM Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:39:40 PM by Cigarette Smoking Man

Ah, yes StarMan, because I was getting bored with Magnion. I made some progress but ultimatley scrapped what I had because I decided it played too much like FireMan. That's where YOU come in. I've decided most of StarMan's moveset (including the Vulcan Special as pictured above.), he'll also have a Reflecter attack (blocks damage and counter attacks, not of the same value however basically a parry with a weak attack.), his 4.5 moves and one other special. His supers are a tad more varied however, I can't tell you all of them, but one of them will be a tad funny. However there is the issue of the remaining special, but I was in a rather good mood, and decided I'd let you decide.

I have picked a move from each of the six Battle Network games (well, at least the game that the move first appeared in) for you to vote on, if you don't like any of them, you can vote other and tell me about your idea provided it is based on a Battle Network move. Anyways, allow me to describe the moves and how I would implement them in MUGEN.

Battle Network 1: Countdown Bomb
A BN tradition, creates a bomb in the enemies area that counts down from 3, dealing damage to the entire field if not destroyed in time. In MUGEN, I would make it count down from 5, and inflict damage in the area around it. Only one could be used at once, and there would be a super version.

Battle Network 2: Jealousy 2.0
Jealousy, is a chip in Battle Network 2 that damages enemies more for the more chips they have selected. The early versions of FireMan had a weird version of this move that would cause the enemy to lose 1000 power. This more acurate translation, being a super, would deal 10 damage for every 100 points of power the target has.

Battle Network 3: Air Shoot
Shoots Air, minimal damage, knocks enemy back 40 pixels. Whoopie.

Battle Network 4: Air Hockey
Shoots a disk that bounces around in the enemies area dealing damage everytime it hits them. In MUGEN I would make it a Gemini Beam, ON CRACK. The PA version, Jigoku Hockey would also be used as a super in this case.

Battle Network 5: Tank Shoot
I forget the actual name of the move, shoots a projectile that deals a fair amount of damage if it hits anything. If it does and reaches the end of the screen it creates an explosion damaging the back row. A similar effect would be used for the MUGEN version.

Battle Network 6: White Capsule
Chip that adds stunning effects to any attack, actually based on Medi Soul from BN5, but was a chip instead in BN6. Would logically be a super as being a special would be cheesy.

The most popular choice will be in the version of StarMan released for the public. If one of the super suggestions wins, StarMan then may end up also having the second most popular choice.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

Jealousy 2.0.  Perfect way to cream DBZ characters with obscenely high power.

UHMEEEEBA

Well, it's been two weeks and we have three votes... goodie. I'll leave this open one more week, but it seems it will be a tie between Jealousy 2.0 and Air Hockey.

UHMEEEEBA

Recent events have compelled me to close this poll early, as the community doesn't deserve much of a vote these days.