• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:30:57 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Slot Machine Mk II

Started by Neon_Tiger, April 24, 2007, 10:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

For the ideas you don't need to apologize. For the shitty cleaning job you did on the sprites, you do.

Now clean that hammer properly and get a better clock.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

I was planning on getting a better clock, I'll fix the hammer later... right now I'm not making much sense.

UHMEEEEBA

Slot Machine has a new select screen image, I think it's quite the improvement.

ZOMG MY CAEK/DKC2 REFERENCE

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

Greatest, he can throw other enemies.

Oh, and I'm opening this to everyone now, ideas for intros, victories and deaths GO!

Jesuszilla

Winpose: Speaker comes out of Slot Machine and a loop of "Happy for the Rest of Your Life" by Jimmy Soul plays.

UHMEEEEBA

See, this is what happens when you complain an easy to dodge move is difficult to dodge.

Told you HIKBOD wasn't dead. What does this mean? Well it obviously means this:
Penguins.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

Well seeing how he is composed of largely injokes it seemed inevitable.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

June 11, 2007, 08:20:38 PM #25 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 08:23:03 PM by The Justice
Which do you like better?

A

or

B

Keep in mind he will be firing 8 bit weapons, and the result may or may not effect a potential easter egg.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

Got a new clock.

Penguins.

Slot Machine's Auto mode against "Bonus" characters has been fixed. Also, Gilgamesh, I told Beta to take the screen on a Big Bridge but he had no stages that matched that description sadly.

Edit: As one would have likely guessed I was shooting for a July Seventh re-release (7/7/07), but due to having to help members of my family move/other things, this will not be possible due to several things still needing tweaks, and as such I'll be as lazy about it as possible.

N-Mario

Well.... I hate to reply, considering its an old topic, but theres a few things I want to know, and say about this project.

- DEFINATELY the 'B' sprite. It's much more darker than the NES one. I'm guessing set 'B' was taken from Wily Wars?

BTW, Are you still working on this thing? If so, then I'd like to ask a few things below.

- Will it have a new intro? For an intro, I was thinking it could spin, or fly its way in somehow. Like how it mysteriously appears in in Star Fox. Or at least drop down, with a envshake trigger, or something to that effect.

- Will it at least more animation in the slot machine? For example, when the character hits the slot machine, have it pull down its lever on the side, and back up, like how a REAL slot machine works.

- Will it have at least a few more Star Fox References, or Easter Eggs? "Do a Barrel Roll" was nice, but I was thinking more like have the Star Fox ships fly in and attack the opponents or something.

Well anyway. keep up the good work. I really liked your first Slot Machine. I hope this new one will be even better than the first!.

Childre Inarabitta cameo totally won me for your first slot machine release!

Omega Zero, FTFW!

UHMEEEEBA

Getting the sidebar sprites ripped was something I tried for the first version, but it was too difficult due to the fact I was trying to rip a sprite from a 3d game.

Also because I use different sprites for each move each animation would have to be done for each one of his configurations. Assuming it would take 9 frames for Slot Machine to use the handle, that's 360 sprites I would have to add. Yes I'm aware I could just slap a binded explod on Slot Machine and have it change for each configuration, but the spr-priority just makes it look bad so much so it in my opinion does not justify more animation, sure it'd look more fluid, but at the price of having characters randomly walk in front of other parts of Slot Machine, something I will not accept.

He has a Star Fox like intro, where he flies around in the bg for a while before falling.

Slot Machine will have several easter eggs, but not many of them are Star Fox related.

I'm working on him occasionally just don't expect a release any time soon.

Oh, TMF go suck an egg.