• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 03:30:49 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MSPA Thread

Started by Jango, January 07, 2011, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jango

G-Mail was being slow about delivering my youtube comments so here they are, the deleted Youtube comments to be preserved for ALL TIME
--------------------------------------
omgtsn:
QuoteHold up there, Fagga Ka-Grabya. I'm sure you've heard of people linking shit to you, right? Funny I should say that, because it's kind of how I found this video. I am not losing sleep waiting for you to upload another video, and god forbid that from happening to anyone.

I'm glad you brought up YouChewPoop (I mean YouChew because that whole them trying to become a "professional" site thing), because I'd forgotten about it until you decided to drop it into my lap again like some diseased rodent.
QuoteOh dang dude didn't mean to be a good friend or anything. I'll be sure to help you the next time one of my friends decides to stand up for something we both agree with.

Also, I'm assuming being on "good terms" with people means something completely different in your universe, so I'll just try to translate your terminology as best as I can.
QuoteSorry about that. Your claims of white-knighting were so ludicrous that they knocked me out cold for about half a day. Are you sure you know what that means or do you just throw "white-knighting" around like the people that have bastardized the word "epic"? To be honest I chuckled a bit when I read your last reply. Apparently I can't act like a team member even when they're not in the same room as me. Have you ever been on a team? Wait, don't answer that; that was a rhetorical question.
--------------------------------------
Seppuku:
Quote@WarioAkuma
I assume you are attacking because the last foray into your madness was all about attacking us and saying we're unoriginal. So sorry if I'm going to call the duck a duck.

When you attack an album you are attacking that person. Making original works is sharing your creativity with the world. I mean I don't burst into artist houses and say that their paintings look like shit. You are insulting him by insulting his creative property. Nick is just bein a bro since Plaz hasn't seen this
Quote@WarioAkuma
1) I am just saying we are weary of you because of your past escapades and vehement aggressiveness.

2) I didn't say you did. I said this video is the equivalent of me doing that. If you did this to a big named band you'd better expect a lot of people to respond negatively. Just because HS is small doesn't negate an upset base of people.

3) It's a two way street, hombre. We have opinions too. As long as you have a comments section you are giving us the ability to voice them.
Quote@WarioAkuma
1) So after a terrorist attack all of America was looking at who we thought was responsible carefully. This was wrong to you?

2) You are putting it on the internet. You are welcoming everything. No matter how obscure you may be it is still public. I won't waste typing another analogy for you to take literally.

3) We aren't expecting it. Just being voices of the other side.
Quote@WarioAkuma
1) Brash topic aside it was a comparison to what you said. It got your attention, albeit it was an excuse for you not to answer it. I'm not even here to argue I'm just trying to explain why we came here.

2) It's the same thing Nick said earlier. I was linked to it so I decided to respond after seeing it.

3) You are insulting are friend after all. I don't care if you label me as a white knight. I'll wear the name proudly. He deserves to have someone defending him.

UHMEEEEBA

April 18, 2011, 03:51:48 PM #256 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:09:37 PM by UHMEEEEBA
And something good finally came out of that forced switch to G-mail accounts Youtube did a few months back.

Oh wait I can actually contribute one of Seppuku's he replied to me after I called him out on the 9/11 thing:

Quote@CWU01P
No. I just told him it's fucking ridiculous to say people can't believe one thing as a group.

Jango

Today's update was a waste of flash. It took forever to load up and aside from the Public Domain original "Midnight Crew," the songs are pretty boring.

Rumble at the Rink sounds a lot like this song but then again it's standard blues riff and I'm too lazy to make a vid because at this point I'm pretty sure all this music stuff is to SPITE ME >:( >:( >:( >:(

Tyrannosaurus Reich

honestly I think you should slow down with the rant vids

but that's just me

Jango

Like I said I'm not doing one for this because really who gives a fuck (even though the comments *were* hilarious)

UHMEEEEBA

April 19, 2011, 03:23:52 PM #260 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:28:18 PM by UHMEEEEBA
To be fair Mother 3 (and Earthbound) both sample quite a few old rock songs (and some other things...) so they could be both sampling the same thing, unlikely but possible.

Anways to show I'm not making this up here's some examples, right off hand I can remember the following:

Opening theme samples the Monty Python opening, supposedly I've never heard it. Also a moot point as that song is public domain.

New Age Retro Hippie samples Johnny be Good.

Megaton Walk (Dungeon Man's theme) samples Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise). Itoi is raging Beatles fan so no surprise there.

Starmen.net had a list once of all the things it does, good luck finding it on that site the layout really needs an updating.

Yeah fuck you Starmen.net here's an Earthbound Wiki link that has them.

Incidentally this is why Nintendo will never release Earthbound on the VC, they could get away with that sort of thing in the 90s if they tried it today there is little doubt they would get sued so they would either lose money through that or the cost of editing the game to a point where they wouldn't be sued. Neither of which are feasible sadly.

Oh and a Mother 3 example this plays when you fight bat enemies.

The first few notes of the intro are from the old 60's Adam West Batman for some bizarre reason.

Jesuszilla

April 22, 2011, 10:07:50 PM #261 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:20:50 PM by Jesuszilla
Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on April 19, 2011, 03:23:52 PM
Incidentally this is why Nintendo will never release Earthbound on the VC, they could get away with that sort of thing in the 90s if they tried it today there is little doubt they would get sued so they would either lose money through that or the cost of editing the game to a point where they wouldn't be sued. Neither of which are feasible sadly.
I thought they were less likely to be sued today and more likely to be sued in the 90s and it was a wonder that they weren't?

Johnny B Good they could probably get away with since that's pretty much a standard staple rock song at this point. As for The Beatles, Nintendo and Paul McCartney have a good relationship last I checked (McCartney is a fan of Kondo, and vice-versa).

However, I'm not sure if Michael Jackson's family is still in control of The Beatles since his death or if they rightfully handed it back to McCartney.

Also formatting ftw.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Actually yes you'd be more likely to get sued today than before because record labels are now much more vicious about it than they were twenty years ago. That and video games are more popular now and thus more likely to be scrutinized.

Jango

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=030.jpg

ONCE AGAIN HARD-WORKING MUGEN CHARS GETTING IDEAS STOLEN BY BIG CORPORATIONS

UHMEEEEBA

I like how SBaHJ is updating more regularly than Homestuck now.

Jango

I'm starting to think Homestuck won't be finished. What with the slowdown on the updates, it almost seems like he's losing interesting in the story he started and he's just doing it for the very profitable fanbase.

[spoiler]on a sidenote, for my top secret Terezi WIP, Eyes5 did ask if she could share the resulting edits with Andrew for an update so maybe it's a buildup to that???[/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Wouldn't that technically make you part of the art team? You could start a gang war with the music team.

I figure Homestuck will end some day it just will probably end up being rushed. Not doubting though that he's kicking his feet up counting money from the merchandise and music sales though.

Jango

I dunno if that makes me "part" of the art team, since I commissioned her and TheOddysean for the project, although on occasion (ie: during the MSPA IS SO INSPIRED vid) some art team members step forward and defended my position during my flamewar with Radiation and Tensei.

Jango

So wait I'm confused did the Scratch alter the ancestors' lives?

Also no, those aren't the sprites Eyes5 made because I told her to use the default outfit.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

April 29, 2011, 12:18:41 AM #269 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:22:37 AM by Tyrannosaurus Reich
[spoiler]

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005627

so apparently, Eddie Morton is Lrd English[/spoiler]

also my little sister made herself a nice little nepeta hat, there's a million of those already but it still looks good