• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:35:43 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Big ass Castlevania HD crossover thing

Started by Tyrannosaurus Reich, April 30, 2010, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

bump because i tried out the demo and

it sucked

A LOT
gj konami

UHMEEEEBA

Any specific reasons it sucked a lot you would wish to share?

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on August 05, 2010, 11:16:48 AM
Any specific reasons it sucked a lot you would wish to share?

-item system is shit, instead of just opening up a simple menu, you have to go to a fucking magical book in the level to open the item menu

-instead of the traditional metroidvania castles, we get six levels which are just miniature versions of them, all are just a race to the boss in a set time limit

-even pausing the game, PAUSING THE GAME is shit, if you pause it doesn't also pause the game (like in most online games), which wouldn't be so bad except THIS ALSO APPLIES TO SINGLE-PLAYER MODE
, what the fuck konami

-this is more of a personal thing but its hard to read text on my shitty non-hd tv

UHMEEEEBA

Well Metroidvania type games seem to be on the decline lately.

UHMEEEEBA

It's not exactly a new concept you know...

UHMEEEEBA

August 08, 2010, 01:17:22 AM #21 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:22:58 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Nintendo still makes money on people hauling their asses to kiosks to download things through licensing and bait and switch tactics. Sure it's not as bad but there's precedent for it add greed and you end up with stuff like this.

And Mew wasn't "hidden" there was still no way to get him in game without hauling your ass to the kiosks for him. That's a download by definition.

Jango

Or you can do the Mew glitch in R&B, but AFAIK, nothing for the current generation.

Fusion

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on August 08, 2010, 01:17:22 AM
Nintendo still makes money on people hauling their asses to kiosks to download things through licensing and bait and switch tactics. Sure it's not as bad but there's precedent for it add greed and you end up with stuff like this.

And Mew wasn't "hidden" there was still no way to get him in game without hauling your ass to the kiosks for him. That's a download by definition.

It's still not a very good example when you consider the context of Mew.

I think a much better example would be pretty much all of Soul Calibur 4's DLC content: It's already all on the disc, including Darth Vader on the 360 version and Yoda on the PS3.  You just need to buy them.

Jesuszilla

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on August 08, 2010, 01:17:22 AM

And IMO is even worse since if you don't live near one of the cities where they held the promotion, you're fucked.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Sgt Squirrel

i tried the demo and i agree with t-reich