• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:58:43 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Pokémon

Started by Deleted User, April 09, 2010, 02:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

LMAO A CHIPMUNK AND SCOTTISH TERRIER

I GOTTA GET THIS

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK #518. ABORTED FETUS POKÉMON.

and #645, ground/flying how the FUCK does that combination work

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: Jesuszilla on September 16, 2010, 04:22:45 PM
and #645, ground/flying how the FUCK does that combination work

Like that.

On an unrelated sidenote the bug Pokemon in this game are apparently competent for a change, I'm shocked too.

UHMEEEEBA

Late night final post of more miscellaneous information.

There are two Pokemon that evolve by being traded with each other, more specifically one of the Pokemon steals the others shell causing both to evolve. Kind of funny really.

New item that lets Pokemon ignore type immunity so you can finally shove a thunder down Sandshrew's throat if that makes you happy.

[spoiler=Elite Four typings and post game stuff]
The Elite Four (and even the Champion) now only have 4 Pokemon each. Get it because they're the Elite Four. At least they don't have a bug type trainer.

Ghost
Dark
Psychic, member is apparently a minor NPC from the previous set of games.
Fighting
Champion is one of your rivals throughout the game, uses mixed types.

Upon completing the game old Pokemon will start appearing in places or something.

After whomping the Elite Four you get a quest to find Seven Sages. *insert Zelda joke here* Given there are technically 10 Gym Leaders (due to 3 being in the first gym and you only fighting one) and 17 types these guys are probably quasi Gym Leaders.

The Champion from the last set of games shows up after the end as an optional fight in certain seasons.[/spoiler]

KoopaKoot

Good thing they didn't make something with higher stats than Arceus. That would be silly.

I noticed 3 "starter" monkeys. Grass fire and water, but they only have one evolution.

Click Here.

UHMEEEEBA

The monkeys are a sort of secondary starter, you get the one your normal starter is strong against early in the game.

After beating the Elite Four once they get stronger teams and a new Champion.

The rom is unplayable as of now as you do not gain exp thus making progression sort of impossible.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

The hilarious thing was suddenly all the Pokemone websites "got their copy in the mail" but reported they couldn't level up in their impressions. All of their impressions have since gone mysteriously missing.

UHMEEEEBA

Double posting for a bit of music...

[spoiler]

Sound familiar? It's the final boss from Blue Red and Yellow. The DP champion gets her music so there are people wondering if Blue/Gary is hidden away some where and no one has found him yet.

There's also an old Team Rocket theme but it's probably a left over from the Gold and Silver remakes.[/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Jango

If it can play a heavy rock version of Jumpin' Jack Flash, then it can play good music. Also I can't believe I missed this earlier:

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on September 15, 2010, 02:19:32 PM
Gym Leaders and their types, turn your head 90 degrees.
okay twist your head to read this you stutid fuckass

UHMEEEEBA

DS carts now are probably better made than the earlier ones, it tends to happen with cart based systems. Hell compare the NES Mega Man games and you'll notice they get a bit better musical as time goes on.

Well some more random tidbits,

After beating the game you can access a new area in Wifi to get older Pokemon with new abilities, such as Ninetails with an automatic Sunny Day effect and a Seaking immune to Electric damage for instance.

Exp gained now diminishes as you level. The professor gives you an item that doubles exp though but I don't think it evens out.

The seven sages are part of Team Plasma.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

There is speculation that they are forgeries of some sort.

Edit: On an unrelated side note to really drive home the fact it's set in not-America there are now Football and Basketball player type trainers.

Double Edit: Getting in critical health no longer causes the beeping sound effect, it instead changes the music.

To a song composed of the beeping sound effect.

Jango

Jesuszilla