• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 08:35:34 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Mega Man 10

Started by UHMEEEEBA, December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

February 12, 2010, 01:32:03 AM #90 Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:36:37 AM by UHMEEEEBA

Is it just me or does Mega Man look disappointed?

Also in before obvious Pokemon edit.

Deleted User

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

February 19, 2010, 01:04:47 AM #93 Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:26:44 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Some videos.

As expected IGN still sucks at these games, hard.

Mega Man and Dr. Light are still idiots in the intro.

Has probably the best sounding 8 bit rendition of the boss selected fare.

New crawling Mets that shoot purple blobs that attach, and I am assuming, slow down Mega Man.

Blade Man's mid-boss sort of reminds me of one the fortress bosses from Mega Man 5, you have to jump on platforms to shoot its eyes.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

IGN hands on, they note that the main game will have 16 stages, so either they brought back the two fortress system, the Doc Robots, or Dr. Wily has one hell of a fortress this time around. IGN themselves doesn't know.

They state Mega Man 10 is harder than 9, but watching their videos I wouldn't exactly trust them.

Hard Mode has to be unlocked.

There will be 88 challenges in challenge mode.

Deleted User

I kinda want to play this now.

I should play the rest too, I haven't played them all.

Jesuszilla

..... You didn't play 9?

UHMEEEEBA

February 21, 2010, 10:58:18 PM #98 Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:00:29 PM by UHMEEEEBA
So last week I uploaded a video of Dudley's voice over Mega Man footage, and on the same day Dudley was confirmed in SSFIV, an amusing coincidence.

Today I uploaded a video of Mega Man V for the Game Boy and commented that Tango, Mega Man's robotic cat, had faded into obscurity outside of a token reference in Mega Man & Bass's CD Database.

Well today people scouring through images found a Tango sprite randomly placed on the games wide screen borders. Also a sprite of Mega Man sneezing, oh nooooooo.

Also lots of sprites of various enemies in the game. While I'm still reading through the article here's what I've just noticed by looking at them:

Purple shield-less Sniper Joes.
The bird enemies from Air Man's stage that drop eggs, although different looking.
Metal Man's drill enemies with new sprites.
Walking Met's are back.
As are the helicopter Mets from Mega Man 3.

Jango

Sambo Man was going to start off with the Megaman 2 intro building scrolling up, but then watching a plane crash into it. Maybe Megaman 10 will fill that void.

UHMEEEEBA

For those without a Wii who are fearing being spoiled (I don't know why it's a Mega Man game what's there to be spoiled about?), you might want to start hiding your head in the sand as IGN is mobilizing their game guide. If you use it, you suck.

The Wii version launches noon 12 EST, unless Nintendo decides to be retarded.

Seeing how the releases is near I give to you the best piece of fan art to come out of Mega Man 10.

Jango

I'm playing Megaman 10 right now. I don't know what's a funnier death, getting hit by a bus in Nitro Man's stage, or barely surviving the goalie boss in Strike Man's stage only to get owned by a locker.

Also HOLY SHIT BASS DLC ON APRIL 5

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah I would recommend you NOT to start with Nitro Man's stage. Or Blade Man, he's an ass without his weakness.

Beat the eight Robot Masters and here's some impressions/info:

Weakness Chain: Sheep < Pump < Solar < Chill < Nitro? < Commando < Blade < Strike? < Sheeep

Not sure on Nitro and Strike but they're the only ones out. Strike man is also slightly weak to Nitro Man's weapon.

Bolt rate drop is MUCH higher than in nine, to the point where I had four E-tanks after beating the first guy!

Blade Man is weak to Commando Bomb's EXPLOSION not the Bomb itself.

Pump Man tends to interrupt Thunder Wool's attack, making it hard to use on him.

Pump Man, Commando Man and Wily 1 have alternate stage routes.

Thus far there only seems to be one castle with five stages, hmm.

In the first castle stage at least (had to take a break) Wily has created a machine to copy DEAD ROBOT MASTERS. The first one can be Elec Man, Wood Man or Gemini Man, and the second one can be either Ring Man, Napalm Man or Flame Man. They seem to retain similar weakness, i.e. Elec Man is weak to Nitro Man's wheel and Wood Man and Ring Man are weak to Solar Man's weapon.

The Robot Master stages strike me as a bit gimmicky, and I'm not fond of the weapons just yet.

I'll have more impressions later but I had to take a break.

UHMEEEEBA

March 01, 2010, 03:08:27 PM #103 Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:17:04 PM by UHMEEEEBA
More impressions now that I've finished it, I'll make a larger list later.

After the MM4-6 guys you fight Slash Man, Frost Man and Tornado Man. By the way Elec Man's thunder beam still stings like hell. Slash Man is oddly NOT weak to the ice weapon, I remembered after the fact he's weak to Turbo Man's weapon in seven too so he's probably weak to Solar Man's.

The second Wily Castle boss is a GIANT ENEMY CRAB, and then you battle it.

The third Wily Castle boss is YET another Devil incarnation (these are seriously getting as overplayed as the shields now), Block Devil who is sort of like that one boss in MM2 that fly out of the wall, but like a devil too. So he takes parts of the wall (and floor, by the way there is a pit) and combines with those. He's weak to Blade Man's weapon.

Wily Machine X is a pirate ship. After beating it you go to another short stage and fight Wily's Capsule again, he's mixed it up by having a clone.

So in all five Wily stages, which leaves three unaccounted for, they're probably Special Stages, I'd like to point out Mega Man is oddly missing three weapons on the pause screen, Capcom could have easily cropped things and placed "Item" in the unused slot to fill the whole grid.

No ground shaking plot revelations towards the X series, which honestly I don't think Capcom will ever do as it'd end the classic series and I don't see Capcom doing that.

Some more DLC stuff, it confirms yes Bass is the third guy and plays like he did in MM&B and has "different abilities". Three Special Stages, and the return of Endless Attack, all due in April.

Jesuszilla

SLASH MAN AND FROST MAN?! IN 8-BIT?! AWESOME!