• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:13:10 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man 10

Started by UHMEEEEBA, December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Well not quite, the robots simply copies their attacks, sort of like Doc Robot only with ADD in that they can send 1 of three guys at you. Even then most of them use only a few of their techniques or have a VERY exaggerated pattern, notably the Ring Man one which is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than his MM4 counterpart. Would have liked fourth set with some Game Boy or Wily Tower guys but whatver.

It's still a pretty clever idea for a Wily level and had me more or less say OH SHIT a few times (Elec Man, Ring Man and Napalm Man). Makes the Doc Robots look like jokes.

Going to be starting up a larger impressions thread here in a bit.

UHMEEEEBA

Through the magical powers of brute force tileset hacking, people have determined the three bosses of the three special stages. Highlight at your own spoilerish risks.

Or you can click the image right here but you'd probably be better to have me explain it for you.

Enker, Punk, and Ballade, the three Game Boy bosses that aren't Mega Man from the future riding a pogostick. As someone who played the GB games first I am REALLY happy Capcom is acknowledging the games exist.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

March 02, 2010, 12:17:53 AM #108 Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:28:47 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Through the powers of MORE hacking, maybe I'm still looking for some more confirmation on this. I honestly think it's fake.

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Also,

Punk is going to actually be EASIER as they can't take into consideration you have the slide so he'll only be able to do his low dashing attack instead of randomly choosing between the high and low one. If MMV is any indication Punk will be weak to Water Shield.

I imagine Ballade will probably also get nerfed a bit... but he has sprites of his second form, maybe you fight him twice in the same stage. If MMV is any indication Ballade will be weak to Commando Bomb.

Enker like always will probably only be damaged by the Mega Buster. I'm interested to see how his pattern will translate to a much wider screen, either he'll be able to jump even farther or he'll jump multiple times.

UHMEEEEBA

March 02, 2010, 09:54:40 AM #109 Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:53:41 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Bass footage. The guy CANNOT pronounce his name right though, it's hilarious. Bass's shop is run by Reggae Wily's obscure bird who only has had a few cameos throughout the series. Bass can make a "Treble Item Number 3", dunno what it does. Treble Rescue which I guess Bass's Beat Call (get's him out of a pit?). He starts with Treble Boost from Mega Man & Bass but doesn't have a coil.

Three bonus weapons footage.

Mirror Buster reflects projectiles, not really any guys for him to have tried it out on in that stage.

Jango

Bass looks like shit

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah he does.

Just started Hard Mode, enemies are faster and some act different (the return of the Game Boy jumping Sniper Joe variant notably). Bosses have a new attack, Chill Man can jump up to the middle of the screen and shoots Chill Spikes in five different directions at once. He's still easy though and I killed him first.

Jesuszilla

Sprites look alright to me. Could be better, but they're alright nonetheless. I JUST WANT TO PLAY HIM, FUCK ROCK.

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

Seems that was removed. Oh well, at least I still got the cool remix.

UHMEEEEBA

March 03, 2010, 12:08:55 PM #115 Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:10:38 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Capcom might have sent a cease and desist or something.

By the way the hacks to get Bass result in all your saves becoming fucked up it seems.

UHMEEEEBA

Look I don't care if you don't care about DLC spoilers this is awesome. Go away if it bothers you or something.

Is a heavily arranged remix of,

This even makes up for the third guy not getting a full mix of his theme (they did however put the main refrain from in it in the background of part of the music). Similarly the second guys' stage music starts with his intro theme from his game.

On a related note, have a ripped soundtrack.

UHMEEEEBA

I heard Solar Man is one bad mother...

Also next week Capcom is holding a fan art contest of Duo, so I guess they haven't totally forgotten about him. Probably be DLC in Mega Man 11 at this rate.

UHMEEEEBA

March 22, 2010, 09:17:57 PM #118 Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:33:55 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Capcom has themselves announced the content of the three special stages ahead of time, although most people knew of the bosses from hacking it does show a few screens and all three of them have new artwork.

So with that in mind I'm not going to censor spoilers anymore.

You do appear to get their three respective weapons upon their defeat somehow, and are shown used in the regular game not time trials. I mention "somehow" as hackers who tried to use them with Proto Man or Bass were met with a nice game crash, so I guess those two just got shafted. This also makes the weapon set much better as it gives a reflecting shield, an exploding Metal Blade, and a curving weapon.

Enker's stage is full of spikes and even has a mole segment very similar to his stage in Wily's Revenge. As a bit of a quasi homage, I guess, his boss door is in the ceiling as most of the stages in Wily's Revenge had you drop into the boss room. The tileset for Enker's stage is based on his Wily's Revenge stage, that mole segment is burned into my mind. The flooring in his boss room appears to be new.

Punk's stage is full of those bomb enemies that jump out of pits. Punk's stage uses the same tileset as his Mega Man III one, I noticed because the machine in the background is in the same spot. Punk's stage in MMIII was a straight walk to a boss fight so it looks like they're improvising.

By the way, if you ever thought Metal Blade was broken for it's energy consumption rate Punk's weapon can be fired 224 times in Mega Man III without having to refill it, the best energy consumption rate in the entire series.

Ballade's stage is full of conveyer belts and other traps and is billed as a stage specifically for Mega Man pros. They mention he doesn't give up when he's about to die so he probably has his two forms. As you probably guessed by now, his stage is using the tileset of his first Mega Man IV stage. Ballade's two stages in MMIV where basically a short path to his boss fight like Punk so again they're improvising.

UHMEEEEBA

Holy shit they made Enker not be a complete and utter joke, he's much better now.

You get his weapon and can use it any mode you play as Mega Man after wards.

Haven't tried out Bass yet.