• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:53:48 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Battle Network Stays Dead

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 22, 2009, 01:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Sgt Squirrel

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on November 15, 2009, 03:37:22 PM
I'm just posting to point out Capcoms DRM for this made me laugh. If you try and play it on a flashcard it sets the random encounter rate to 1. That is you get into a fight EVERY time you move.

I think Capcom is deliberately trolling its fanbase with this game.
That's at least playable somewhat. The DRM on SMT: Strange Journey set the encounter rate to 0 on a classic style maze RPG. And if you don't grind even a small bit, you're fucking DEAD. There's no chance in hell you're going to survive any boss without even a MINIMAL amount of grinding.

But at least SMT: Strange Journey is good :V

Jesuszilla

Now THAT'S how you make it damn near unplayable!

UHMEEEEBA

In theory that wouldn't work in Battle Network as you don't gain experience you gain HP from certain items you can find lying around... you would however be stuck with the starting folder the entire game but you could still beat it in theory.

Well the first game anyways, you'd be outright fucked in Battle Network 3 as Bass would be impossible to get by.

Sgt Squirrel

Not always. You still get money from bosses so a LITTLE upgrading is possible.

Jesuszilla

Wow.

Then again the same can be said for most DS games... Which is even more sad.

UHMEEEEBA

Well not so much with large name titles they usually at least get the price upheld by name recognition if nothing else for a few months.

This game has been out for three weeks. The reason this happened is the game is selling like... um... I guess AIDS infected plauge inducing hot cakes? It fell to 24th on the top selling chart in Japan, on the second week, which is abysmally low for a .exe game, the older games, and even starforce, would stay in the top ten for a good few weeks after its initial release. As a consequence Capcom printed enough cartridges assuming it'd sell like the old games did.. when they did not gaming stores were flooded with a bunch of copies no one wanted and as such had to throw them in the bargain bin just to clear shelf space as it were.

Both series always did better in Japan and if it's doing THIS poorly their, there's actually a case to be made for Capcom deciding to abandon localization of it. Just as well, you know who is in the first Battle Network and therefore this one.

And now time for an image I found on a Mega Man message board earlier:

The fact that Lan happens to be doing the same facial pose as the awesome smiley makes it so much better.

UHMEEEEBA

January 18, 2010, 12:05:20 PM #24 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:09:44 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Capcom has no plans to release OSS in America at this time, specifically citing the abysmal Japanese sales.

Battle Network used to be one of Capcom's best selling properties so they failed quite hard here.

Someone should change the topic title to "Mega Man Battle Network Stays Dead".

Fusion